Restoring Windows

Soldato
Hey guys

I have had a disaster morning, Windows 10 wouldn't boot, just greeted with with a failed to boot screen, I have tried many different attempts, checked all connections, couldn't get it to boot, automatic repair wouldn't work, OS boot corrupted - And in the process noticed I didn't have any such restore point! Epic fail. :( I have had this PC running solidly for 5 years. Lol. So now I am having to reload Windows 10 and install everything back on. Luckily, I suppose, I have different hard drives for docs, music, games, etc - So my SSD only has Windows on it.

Just wondering what others do, do you get it to where you are happy with all drivers and create an image or something? Do you use Windows System Restore and periodically create a restore point?

I suppose I am looking for the most efficient way to get Windows loaded back on should this happen again...

Any advice welcome! :)

Soldato
I automatically image both of my PCs using Macrium Reflect every night if they're on, and they usually are. A full image on a Sunday and then differentials.

The full backup takes a few minutes, but the differentials are very fast.

The image goes to an internal HDD and then immediately gets copied to my NAS.

Back
Top Bottom