Restricting users

Associate
Alright lads (And lass's)

I work in a small call centre (About 50 users) and we currently have them all logged in as admins on the PC's doing pritty much what they want. Im new here so i want to sort it all out and get the machines locked down so all they can do is access the net, network printers, MSN messenger and some call recording software. I want to be able to lock down the computers so they dont have access to do anything else, so it cuts down the risk of virus's and unwanted software instalations etc.

Can anyone recommend me some good software to do this...

I dont want to use the inbuilt 'limiting access' thing in windows because its not very customizable is it?

Any advice welcome.

Cheers guys!

Associate
OP
Well i only have XP home edition on this PC which we are using as a server.... I know i know, its a stupid idea but thats how they set it up lol.

What if we install Server 2003 on the server and set up a domain like that? Would that be more suitable?

Associate
Kanye said:
Well i only have XP home edition on this PC which we are using as a server.... I know i know, its a stupid idea but thats how they set it up lol.

What if we install Server 2003 on the server and set up a domain like that? Would that be more suitable?

Well installing server 2003 on a machine built for XP Home probably isn't best.

Plus all your other workstations would have to be XP Pro (as Home doesn't join domains).

So even though its the best way, its whether you have the resources to do it

Back
Top Bottom