Restructure of Mclaren Managment...

Soldato
Have to agree with JRS.
I really feel for Mclaren, I grew up supporting them, and to watch their decline over the past decade is heartbreaking, they are lost, going from poor decision to poor decision, they just seem to have lost direction since Ron switched focus after the 2008 season (dont get me wrong I don't think he could fix it now), and it's been a downward spiral since then. I really hope that they can pull themselves together and return to the correct end of the grid. But I'm not holding my breath...

Soldato
The real sad thing is that it's all been their own doing. I wonder if mucking about with more road cars has taken their focus off the primary aim? Are they a racing team who makes cars, or a car maker who races?

I want to see the vault where they keep all the freddos :D

Soldato
Boullier might well be a scapegoat but he's proved ineffectual at managing upward and, dare I say, downward too. They need to being someone in to oversee the 2021 new regulations as, other than developing a Brawn-like silver bullet that somehow all other teams have miraculously missed, they're unlikely to catch the top three.

I wonder if this might help the relationship with Renault. They and Boullier were not on the best of terms.

The new structure sounds positive - I don't think it can all fall to one person these days, given the size of the tasks and teams - but they'll need to work together effectively and, above all, need to be competent in their roles (extraordinary, ideally). I don't know enough about any of them to have an opinion if that's the case.

Soldato
Lol restructuring, yeah whatever, just get people in who know what they're doing and get on with it.

I don't think any of the current lot are up to the job, in fact boullier was probably the best.

Zak Brown is all talk

Back
Top Bottom