Retro argos catalogs

Soldato
Did a quick search, couldn't find anyone else posting it so i though't id share this link with a ton of scans of retro argos catalogs going back to the 70s..

Says the site is unsafe but it is trustworthy, here are some of my favourite caps.. 95 and 99.. them feels. I can still remember the smell of the catalogs window shopping for christmas presents my parents couldn't afford.

https://retromash.com/argos/

4.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

Soldato
i always felt the argos catalogue paled in comparison to Littlewoods and Kays. maybe it was the lack of pictures on par w/ their lingerie sections.

Soldato
Just checked, 100 quid in 95 is about 190 now. About the price of an Xbox one s. Not really gone up, I'd say you get a hell of a lot more for your money and as the guy above says pcs were poor.

I soooooo wanted a Sony Discman from the 1995 Argos catalogue! I had mostly cassettes back then but I started collecting CDs and had about 10 or 12 by summer 1995. My parents and grandparents then clubbed together for an incentive for me to do well in my GCSEs as 1995 was my GCSE year.

Grade A = £60
Grade B = £40
Grade C = £20

The Sony Discman was £135 so I needed to raise that amount.

Luckily I had 2 As, 2 Bs and 5 Cs (and failed one with a D). This got me £150 so was enough and a bit extra for batteries and maybe another CD. Collecting CDs then became an expensive hobby as a 6th former lol

Soldato
OP
I soooooo wanted a Sony Discman from the 1995 Argos catalogue! I had mostly cassettes back then but I started collecting CDs and had about 10 or 12 by summer 1995. My parents and grandparents then clubbed together for an incentive for me to do well in my GCSEs as 1995 was my GCSE year.

Grade A = £60
Grade B = £40
Grade C = £20

The Sony Discman was £135 so I needed to raise that amount.

Luckily I had 2 As, 2 Bs and 5 Cs (and failed one with a D). This got me £150 so was enough and a bit extra for batteries and maybe another CD. Collecting CDs then became an expensive hobby as a 6th former lol

Don't think my parents even asked what i got for my GCSE's lmao

Back
Top Bottom