Retro Tiny computer

Associate
I'm trying to resurrect a Tiny desktop computer to use it's video capability, unfortunately the soundcard contacts have come adrift. Can anyone tell me the correct pins to reattach the leads to or have a manual for ann early
Tiny computer.

Associate
Tiny computers ... my first ever "build" - came as a base unit with a 386sx mboard with 1MB RAM and a basic graphics card (won't use the term "accelerator"!) but you had to buy and fit your own HDD (bought a 40MB drive - which smallest available - which I thought was insanely big and would never fill ... I only had 20MB at work!) and install OS - DRDOS6. Start of years of upgrades - my wife still occasionally asks why we can't "buy a ready built PC like everyone else" though went I point out £10-30k 8pack systems it seems this wasn't what she meant!

Soldato
Tiny computers ... my first ever "build" - came as a base unit with a 386sx mboard with 1MB RAM and a basic graphics card (won't use the term "accelerator"!) but you had to buy and fit your own HDD (bought a 40MB drive - which smallest available - which I thought was insanely big and would never fill ... I only had 20MB at work!) and install OS - DRDOS6. Start of years of upgrades - my wife still occasionally asks why we can't "buy a ready built PC like everyone else" though went I point out £10-30k 8pack systems it seems this wasn't what she meant!

My pre-bought Tiny lasted me years I had no idea about PC's at all when I bought it. It finally died when I choked it to death with dust, when I took the side panel off compacted dust literally fell out, I couldn't see the components for dust. It never occured to me to clean it out, that event set me off down the road of building my own systems. So, i've a lot to thank that old Tiny PC for.

Back
Top Bottom