Returning a 1 day old item (opened) to a shop, rights?

Man of Honour
Anyone saying you arent allowed is plain wrong!

Legally speaking, you are talking rubbish. Legally, he is not entitled to return it or exchange it. He asked what his RIGHTS are - the answer is, he has none.

Of course some stores may well allow it but this is a seperate issue.

Soldato
Ok

I'll tell them it's crap (the nintendo one has a hole in the side, so the infra-red pointer can 'get through' it, the 3rd party one is sealed all over, which means you've got to take it out to use the pointer, so it's a pain in the backside

Drill a hole in it ? :p

Never seen one of these things myself so thats probably bad advice

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Drill a hole in it ? :p

Never seen one of these things myself so thats probably bad advice

In all fairness, it's easier to take the wiimote out of the official whel anyway. Selecting items on screen using the IR whilst in the wheel is just clumsy. I don't bother with the wheel, I use the nunchuck or the classic controller. I know there are more kudos for using the wheel but can't be arsed.

UFX

UFX

Associate
Couldn't you do the honest thing? Open it, slightly damage it somehow and then return it for a full refund

Damage it? , Its a lump of moulded plastic for the love of....:p

It is of less quality but I cant see how it really matters myself.

Soldato
Just take it back, they will do something, i have had all manner of things changed that were fine, its just how you word it and how forcefull you are.

Soldato
Sounds like one of the ones we sell where I work on customer services. If the product seems to be in a re-sellable condition then chances are it would be refunded however the shop would only do this out of good will. They are not legally obliged to unless it is faulty. As for breaking it yourself shops can usually tell when something like this has been broken simly by the number returned and the way that it has broke.

The best thing to do is just go back to the shop, be honest with them and polite and see what they say. If you go in all guns blazing demanding a refund because a wii steering wheel is 'not fit for purpose' will get you no where. I myself would just refuse to refund you simply because of you're attitude.

Associate
I took NFS pro street back the other day (it sucks) and sed it didnt work and i didnt want another incase its a faulty batch =) - £40 Returned - and in the pub managers wallet

Associate
The best thing to do is just go back to the shop, be honest with them and polite and see what they say. If you go in all guns blazing demanding a refund because a wii steering wheel is 'not fit for purpose' will get you no where. I myself would just refuse to refund you simply because of you're attitude.

This.

Back
Top Bottom