returning a phone to orange now cost £5 plus

Associate
i chose a phone over a week ago from orange as an upgrade but when it arrived i realised i had chosen the wrong one so i told them and they said they would send a jiffy bag which would be prepaid but when it arrived a week later it was only a post office plastic bag which when i took it to the post office wanted over £5 to post it.what the hell has happened to orange the idea of charging me that much for sending it back stinks....comments please...i have 2 phones but will consider going elsewhere my last bill was £153 with the 2 phones aghhh

Soldato
slatey said:
i chose a phone over a week ago from orange as an upgrade but when it arrived i realised i had chosen the wrong one so i told them and they said they would send a jiffy bag which would be prepaid but when it arrived a week later it was only a post office plastic bag which when i took it to the post office wanted over £5 to post it.what the hell has happened to orange the idea of charging me that much for sending it back stinks....comments please...i have 2 phones but will consider going elsewhere my last bill was £153 with the 2 phones aghhh

Its £5, so what. I hope you sent it RMDS. why should Orange have to pay because you got the wromg phone :confused: ?

Associate
OP
Spamalot said:
Its £5, so what. I hope you sent it RMDS. why should Orange have to pay because you got the wromg phone :confused: ?
if you buy something online or over the phone they are supposed to pay for return postage if you change your mind its a 7 day cooling down period....ps i have already phoned them and they said they used to send out a courier but not anymore.also they took a week to send me an envelope that i could have got myself the same day and posted instead i waited around a week for my upgrade to be returned and then find i have to pay rember i was origionaly told it was a jiffy bad which was prepaid...

Last edited:
Soldato
slatey said:
if you buy something online or over the phone they are supposed to pay for return postage if you change your mind its a 7 day cooling down period....ps i have already phoned them and they said they used to send out a courier but not anymore.also they took a week to send me an envelope that i could have got myself the same day and posted instead i waited around a week for my upgrade to be returned and then find i have to pay rember i was origionaly told it was a jiffy bad which was prepaid...

There supposed to pay return postage if the handset if faulty, not if you dont like it.

Associate
Spamalot said:
There supposed to pay return postage if the handset if faulty, not if you dont like it.

actually seeing as he didn't buy it in person, im sure hes covered under some kind of long distance selling thing

spamalot if you haven't got something constructive to say, why waste everyones time?

Man of Honour
as far as im aware the company are under no obligation to pay for it to be sent back to them, they just have to allow the customer to return it but if they said they would phone them up and tell them you were told by a memeber of staff that a prepaid envolope would be sent and you are unhappy with the service it prob wont get you anywhere but always worth a try.

Soldato
spirit said:
actually seeing as he didn't buy it in person, im sure hes covered under some kind of long distance selling thing

spamalot if you haven't got something constructive to say, why waste everyones time?

What are you banging on about. afaik what I said was fact, where as what you said is "im sure hes covered under some kind of long distance selling thing" how in any way is what you said constractive? :confused: ! I was trying to explain to him why he had to pay that all.

"some kind of long distance selling thing" :rolleyes: Helpfull!

Grow up!

Associate
Spamalot said:
What are you banging on about. afaik what I said was fact, where as what you said is "im sure hes covered under some kind of long distance selling thing" how in any way is what you said constractive? :confused: ! I was trying to explain to him why he had to pay that all.

"some kind of long distance selling thing" :rolleyes: Helpfull!

Grow up!

fair enough, but i found your tone to be a bit rude, but perhaps i was wrong.

Associate
Add me to the list of "Why on earth would/should they pay the postage for you to return the phone just because you 1. didn't like the phone or 2. made a mistake while ordering??" :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Even if it's faulty most places you have to pay to send it back to them. You don't get your petrol back if you returned a faulty item to a shop. :)

Back
Top Bottom