Returning a tyre?

Associate
I got 2 new FK452s on the rear of my Holden Commodore SS about 3 weeks. I had some wobbles the way home last night and thought a balancing weight had come loose and took to the shop today.

The reported a slow puncture on the left rear offside and found my alloy had a tiny crack which was leaking air (I'm getting this wielded now).

Is it worth my time trying to return the tyre? I think I'm pushing my luck by going back to the tyre shop but just wondered what others thought?

EDIT: The tyre is ruined since I was driving on it flat.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got 2 new FK452s on the rear of my Holden Commodore SS about 3 weeks. I had some wobbles the way home last night and thought a balancing weight had come loose and took to the shop today.

The reported a slow puncture on the left rear offside and found my alloy had a tiny crack which was leaking air (I'm getting this wielded now).

Is it worth my time trying to return the tyre? I think I'm pushing my luck by going back to the tyre shop but just wondered what others thought?

EDIT: The tyre is ruined since I was driving on it flat.

You managed to get a slow punture in your new tyre.
You drove the tyre flat - damaging it.

Chances of getting anything other than laughed at by the tyre place - Nil

You could have driven out of the fitting centre, over a spike just 2m away and you still wouldn't get anything.
Tyres are not guaranteed against punctures.

Soldato
I know STS in the UK cover tyres against damage inc. punctures for a set amount of time. Its worth checking your tyre fitters policy but I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

Associate
Do they?? Never ever heard of that!

So if I buy a new runflat tyre from them >£200 each, I get a nail in the sidewall area of the tread, they'll give me a new one???

Back
Top Bottom