Returning an opened soundbar

Associate
I'm thinking about purchasing a soundbar for my living room however I'm slightly concerned that it would it too 'loud'/not right for the room. Would any retailers such as Richer Sounds or John Lewis accept a 'change of mind' return? Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Soldato
Richer sounds won’t without charging you a restocking fee. Not sure about John Lewis.

Retailers are only obliged to take returns for faulty products.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Order online and return it under CCR within 14 days? Not that I support the practise, but it is what that is there for.

Soldato
If you order online you usually get upto 14 days to return items, Iirc Currys offer upto 30 days if bought in store.

Not sure how you can think it'll be too loud though, we have one and when people are watching the TV early in the morning before others wake up.

Soldato
OK - too 'loud' could mean the bass component from the soundbar is not defeatable and of poor quality/distorted, not uncommon no ?

... but providing you unpack it very carefully should be ok for return.
(tv's store power on hours ... so they could prove you had used them on the other hand - indeed John Lewis says unused in its terms )

Associate
OP
OK - too 'loud' could mean the bass component from the soundbar is not defeatable and of poor quality/distorted, not uncommon no ?

... but providing you unpack it very carefully should be ok for return.
(tv's store power on hours ... so they could prove you had used them on the other hand - indeed John Lewis says unused in its terms )

Yeah, by too 'loud' I mean I don't want the noise to be too base-y/distorted in a relatively small room with neighbors next door.

Back
Top Bottom