• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Returning Gigabyte GPU after nearly 3 years!

Associate
Hi i bought most of my current build from Overclockers UK apart from the gpu the
Gigabyte AORUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB WATERFORCE Xtreme AIO Watercooled.
I bought it on 17th December 2017 but it has a 4 year warranty and according to their site doesnt run out until 28th December 2021. Anyway its started to artifact, tried different bios all the usual, tried a different card and that workds fine.
I posted a ticket to Gigabyte and they replied i should contact who i purchased it from im surprised after such a long time is this correct have people had experience of RMAs afte such a long time did you send to Gigabyte or the seller?
Thanks in advance
Guy

Associate
OcUK handles GPU RMA's, it's the main reason I went with them for the 3080 so I don't have to deal with Asus directly (their customer service is generally awful despite making good cards).

Try contacting ocuk first.

Man of Honour
OcUK handles GPU RMA's, it's the main reason I went with them for the 3080 so I don't have to deal with Asus directly (their customer service is generally awful despite making good cards).

Try contacting ocuk first.
He could but they'd be a little confused as it wasn't bought from them ;)

fx1

fx1

Associate
I just sent back my 1080Ti Aorus Extreme for same reason. its been faulty since day 1 though as my crashes have now stopped with my 3080 lol

Associate
I think they do it that way to weed out the people who buy used cards and then try to claim the manufacturer warranty if they become faulty because the previous owner could have abused it.

Soldato
thanks for the replies yeah i didnt get it from Overclockers the one thing i didnt, and it is a big reptable seller just wondered after such a long time
Thanks
Gigabyte gave me the option to return my 2070 last year to etailer or rma direct to GB, you pay 2 way delivery going GB direct they wanted £15 to return it.

Associate
I assume you need to return it in its original packaging? That's where a lot of people trip up I feel because many people don't keep their boxes for over 3 years. Thankfully I've still got my 1060 box just because my older 660 is sat in it haha. I mean no one would ever want it even for free but doesn't feel right to bin it either since it works fine, or did last time it was plugged in. Either way I'd rather pay £15 delivery costs than have to fork out for a brand new card, assuming I wasn't in the market for one obviously.

Associate
OP
hi i have all packaging i keep mine as well says 4 years warranty on the box made a ticket with the place i bought it 3 days a go still no reply looking at my orders whn you go to warranty it says 24 months so im not sure what to do Gigabyte told me to contact place of purchase ?
Anyone from gigabyte on here give me a heads up
thanks in advance

Associate
OP
Hi got a reply from the seller after nearly a week apoligising but still have had to email back and forth with them the last few days, they are waiting on info from Gigabyte so nearly 2 weeks and still havent been able to return with over a year warranty! why is this so hard
Thanks

Associate
Hi i bought most of my current build from Overclockers UK apart from the gpu the
Gigabyte AORUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB WATERFORCE Xtreme AIO Watercooled.
I bought it on 17th December 2017 but it has a 4 year warranty and according to their site doesnt run out until 28th December 2021. Anyway its started to artifact, tried different bios all the usual, tried a different card and that workds fine.
I posted a ticket to Gigabyte and they replied i should contact who i purchased it from im surprised after such a long time is this correct have people had experience of RMAs afte such a long time did you send to Gigabyte or the seller?
Thanks in advance
Guy
Handy that its lasted right up until the new gen release ;)

Back
Top Bottom