Returning Items, where do I stand?

Associate
OP
Well the upshot is I got every penny back, though as much as I would have liked to mention the reason, it so happened that when we went in, they told us that the TV was discontinued and we would no longer get it. Which itself seems odd, as they check the stock when you buy it. But either way it gave us the perfect excuse to give them everything back, so i'm back to square one, need to find speakers, TV and Blu-Ray player...

Soldato
That's great news Jock!

Have you considered an HTPC or box instead of smartTV functions, because those often have bluray in them, and it'll affect which TV you go for.

Soldato
Well the upshot is I got every penny back, though as much as I would have liked to mention the reason, it so happened that when we went in, they told us that the TV was discontinued and we would no longer get it. Which itself seems odd, as they check the stock when you buy it. But either way it gave us the perfect excuse to give them everything back, so i'm back to square one, need to find speakers, TV and Blu-Ray player...

Great news.

Why don't you post your budget in the T.V/Hi-Fi section along with your needs and see what folk can suggest?

Soldato
Jock, you're not the normal forum user here :)

HTPC is a home theatre PC. It's a PC you'd attach to your TV and it would act as a media centre, storing your content and helping you organise it. Quite frankly they're amazing, I love mine, it's the best thing I own.

Here's a YouTube video, so you can see what it's like on a TV.

However they're not for everybody. I have a massive archive of stored music, films and TV. If your stuff is on DVD and Bluray then it's not going to help you much.

Associate
OP
lol Well this place was recommended when I built my first computer and has been invaluable since for similar problems but I dont tend to read the forums as such, other than the odd glance at GD for laughs, or PC Games to see whats worth buying. Probably should read a bit more...might learn a few things.

Caporegime

Result!

Back
Top Bottom