Reverb g2 is what rift s should have been?

Associate
Such a shame! I purchased the rift thinking if I buy 4 sensors it would have an upgrade path, similar to vive.

I really want a new VR, but don’t want to spend 1k all at once.

may the same time I don’t want the built in sensors of the quest.

Do I buy the rift s for £200 second hand to put me on until the next generation?

Associate
OP
The reverb will end up costing me over a grand, I don’t want the terrible controllers so I would buy the index controllers.

I also thought the rift S had higher resolution compared to the quest 2?

How many games can you really fit on the guest 2 64GB? I couldn’t imagine it would be enough?

Associate
OP
The reverb controllers aren’t “terrible” and I would definitely recommend trying them first if going that route before committing to the index controllers. It is almost certainly the worst controller of the three main headsets at the moment (quest 2/index/G2) but a million miles from terrible in my experience.

The quest 2 is 1832x1920 per eye, the Rift S is 1280x1440 per eye, so no the Quest 2 is significantly higher res and both use rgb stripe. If you are referring to the original quest, then that too was actually higher resolution than the RiftS but used pentile OLED rather than RGB stripe LCD giving less sub pixels... better colours and blacks but less sharpness despite the higher headline resolution value.

For reference index is 1440x1600 per eye and G2 is 2160x2160, again both using RGB stripe lcd.

Most mobile games are only a 1-2gb at most... only a very few are bigger - around 11gb is the biggest iirc. Of course it’s not really a big deal if most of your games are going to be PCVR anyway (which one assumes is the case if you are considering riftS/index/G2) as those will be installed on the PC.

Ohhh I see, I was comparing them on the oculus site https://www.oculus.com/compare/

the resolution comparison is sooo misleading, the rift s says it is higher resolution but those numbers must be both eyes. If g2 is 2k per eye I’m sure rift S isn’t xD.

Back
Top Bottom