Reverse search a phone number

Associate
I'm trying to find out where a number is registed with a reverse search.

Google seems to show you can do it in the USA but not the Uk, or am I being stupid.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
I bought some alloys off fleabay and when I've come to pay for them there is no address listed for the guy.
When I sent him an email asking how he would like paying he said by credit card, call me on blah blah.
So I asked him if he was a garage and if he could send me his name and address as I didn't want to give my card details to someone with no name or address listed.
All he sent back was "yes where a garage phone me on. . . . " no more details, so I thought i might be able to easily check it out before ringing him.

Soldato
The only way I knew of reverse searching a telephone number is by using a UK-Info disk, but I think they've removed that option now too in the later disks. Of course, it'll set you back £350 too, unless you know someone who has one.

Man of Honour
Its against the law to do a reverse search for some reason.
The very early versions of UK Info Pro used catalogue lists to do reverse search and thats why you were lucky to make one hit in a 100.
UK Info were eventually told to pull the plug and that was years ago.

Associate
why don't you just phone up and ask for a name and address? if it sounds like a scamming git, hang up. why wouldn't a cheque by suffice anyway?

Bri

Bri

Soldato
As has already been said, you can't do a reverse search on a UK directory.

However, if it's a legit business, if you google the number it may show on a directory site. Try differing number formats surrounded by quotation marks.

Soldato
Bri said:
As has already been said, you can't do a reverse search on a UK directory.

However, if it's a legit business, if you google the number it may show on a directory site. Try differing number formats surrounded by quotation marks.
That's what I do when I'm looking for a number :) it's even worked on more than one occasion......usually when I find a number on my telephone bill and forgot I'd rung it :)

Back
Top Bottom