RGB Fan Controllers

Associate
Hello,

I recently bought a new computer system (excluding a graphics card, because, you know...). I decided to go with an ITX build but everything went in and connected up smoothly.

Except for the fans.

I bought a MSI montherboard "MSI MEG Z590I UNIFY mITX" (not available on overclockers) and a "MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R" CPU liquid cooler. For the case fans I bought three "In-Win Polaris Aluminium RGB Fan".

The montherboard has a JRAINBOW connection and the CPU cooler connects to that and works correctly, but it turns out that the fans use the other type of RGB and I cannot get their lights working :(

From what I understand I have two options:
1) Buy a RGB controller board
2) Buy new JRAINBOW compatible fans

I'd prefer option 1 as it would be a little cheaper, but I am not sure what I am supposed to get. Equally I am unsure if things will be compatibile and I am guessing I'd get a better RGB experiance if everything was running off the motherboard RAINBOW connection.

Therefore I would really appreasiate some insite from others.
* What controller should I get
* Or, can you recommend a fan with the right RGB so I don't make the same mistake again

Thank you for the help.

Associate
OP
Thank you.

Finding these RGB controllers isn't as easy as it should be, but I think I found it. I think I would get a better result with some compatible RGB fans rather then the ones I have with a separate controller though, so I am going to go in that direction instead.

Back
Top Bottom