RGB or colour scheme?

Associate
I have been TOTALLY out of the loop when it comes to computer hardware for a few years now and I am shocked at the amount of RGBness going on . I bought a cheap case (kolink stronghold) and some tt rgb fans for it to replace my ancient fractal r2. So my question is, do you like the rgb look or should I stick with a colour scheme and set the fans etc to that colour?

Associate
I have been TOTALLY out of the loop when it comes to computer hardware for a few years now and I am shocked at the amount of RGBness going on . I bought a cheap case (kolink stronghold) and some tt rgb fans for it to replace my ancient fractal r2. So my question is, do you like the rgb look or should I stick with a colour scheme and set the fans etc to that colour?

Totally down to personal preference, whilst there is just about RGB everything the challenge is finding ecosystems that work together. Thermaltake probably have the most comprehensive support, but lack Asus Aura Sync. Corsair have great software and a wide range of peripherals and fans but lack vendor support for most motherboards.

If you’re not careful you can end up with 3 or 4 software packages running with potential clashes. There have been efforts to create open source software to link them but it’s so hard to keep up.

Personally I have a solid colour on fans (Phanteks Halos Lux Digital) and Asus motherboard, leaving the AIO and case lighting with a rainbow effect and use a similar pattern in Corsair iCue for RGB peripherals.

Associate
OP
Totally down to personal preference, whilst there is just about RGB everything the challenge is finding ecosystems that work together. Thermaltake probably have the most comprehensive support, but lack Asus Aura Sync. Corsair have great software and a wide range of peripherals and fans but lack vendor support for most motherboards.

If you’re not careful you can end up with 3 or 4 software packages running with potential clashes. There have been efforts to create open source software to link them but it’s so hard to keep up.

Personally I have a solid colour on fans (Phanteks Halos Lux Digital) and Asus motherboard, leaving the AIO and case lighting with a rainbow effect and use a similar pattern in Corsair iCue for RGB peripherals.

Thanks for replying. My system is quite old these days so dont laugh I have an asus b85 plus board so for the time being I think I am stuck with a black/yellow theme. Do you know if there is such a thing as pci/pciE slot covers to get rid of the yellow accents?

Associate
OP
FasEvC1
FasEvC1

Associate
I have seen some PC modders spray paint removable heat sink covers. With some patience it may be possible to do PCI-e slots as well as long as you make sure the contacts are well protected.

Heck if DerBauer puts motherboards and GPUs through the dishwasher then most things are possible.

Soldato
oh god people don't actually leave there system with RGB showing all the time do they ?

I thought the whole point was that you can customise it to the colour you wanted ?

Back
Top Bottom