RGB wiring issue...

Associate
I have installed an Aorus Z490 Pro AX with a Bykski water distro block and graphics card water block. These strangely have 4-pin 5v connectors for the addressable RGB and came with no adapters.

I have 2x 3 pin 5v connections on the board which are happily running the RGB on the CPU block and fans, along with the 4 pin 12v connections which are unused.

Bykski specifically warn against connecting to 12v (obviously) but I can't see how to get the RGB running for the above two blocks on the PC. Ideally I'd like to have these controlled off the Aura software (which Bykski support).

Can anybody advise?
Many thanks

Soldato
Does it look like a standard 5v female connector, or is it a smaller 4-pin that looks like it fits this?
https://www.bykski.us/products/bykski-5v-addressable-rgb-rbw-adapter-cable

If the latter, then you probably need such adapters, or one of their control boxes.
If you look closely that that adapter, the 4th pin in the little Bykski plug isn't attached to a wire. So it looks like a simple case of getting something that will adapt the plugs i.e. that adapter :)

Associate
OP
OK, sorry for the delay- I was waiting for a couple of the connectors mentioned above from Aliexpress that arrived today. One of these fits the CPU block fine and its now working, but the one to the distro plate is bigger...around 11 mm wide and 4.25mm thick. It has the 4 cables/4 pins equally spaced and has a 5v label on one cable. So much for the simple life!

Associate
OP
SOLVED- needed the BYKSKI RBW Controller- now ordered one. Why Bykski haven't standardized plugs I'll never know...

Back
Top Bottom