Ridiculous wheel alignment quote

Soldato
Never had to do a wheel alignment in my life of driving.

But currently one of the front wheel has uneven wear, so got a quote from local Tyre Pros - £350 each wheel!

I have never ever heard of such ridiculous quote before. The guy even had the audacity to justify it by saying there could be upto 7 different alignment changes required. Pretty sure a F1 car suspension system doesn’t have 7 degrees of freedom…

Basically now I know what Pro stands for in their branding - Pro conman. A different shop of the same branding tried to fleece me off £580+fitting for a pair of tyres.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nah, two different shops I went. Tyres one shop wanted £260 for one plus some added stuff.

Then I went to another shop for alignment cost cos the local one doesn’t have the machines.

Pretty sure alignment is like £50 max

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Maybe there is important information missing, like what car you drive? I have never heard of anything so crazy otherwise
A Skoda Enyaq. Pretty sure that doesn’t require anything special. It certainly doesn’t have 7 degrees of freedom in the suspension system. Toe in and camber?

Soldato
OP
I'm completely convinced they've quoted to supply tyres too, even if that wasn't what was asked for.

£1400 to throw a car on the Hunter machine for 20 minutes is silly even for '**** off pricing' - there's no way a chain like Tyre Pros are trying to run a business charging that as standard.
Nah, I told the guy I have my own tyres just needed the fronts to be aligned as the front left had shoulder wear. Plus they don’t fit custom tyres. Which is ridiculous for a tyre shop that doesn’t fit customer tyres. Another indicator they are just con-man. At least you get free air top ups

I think they take people for mugs.

Now going to pro tyres they said it should be £50 all in for alignment changes on both wheels.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I ended up paying 17.50 for the full wheel alignment as pro tyre was doing an online deal that you get half price wheel alignment for fronts. £35 for both fronts normally. But I also blagged it for the rears as I paid for fitting services for my own rear tyres.

Give or take. Still don’t like the fact being charged £50 for fitting 2 tyres

Back
Top Bottom