Rift - custom VR faceplate?

Soldato
The only ones that do complete replacements that I'm aware of are VR Cover.
WidmoVR do washable cotton covers for the existing faceplate.

Soldato
I think VR Cover have detachable covers that are washable too.
I use the WidmoVR ones though, and I'm very happy with them. I have two, and wash one while the other is in use and swap them once a week, or immediately after a sweaty session (like BoxVR for example).

Soldato

That standard set is great.

Completely changed rift experience for me. I use the thin red one and my rift sits perfectly on my face and never moves about even when it isn't tight.. Also it's great for sharing as it never gets sweaty and the rift doesn't steam up.

It doesn't need washing because it doesn't absorb anything.

Soldato
OP
That standard set is great.

Completely changed rift experience for me. I use the thin red one and my rift sits perfectly on my face and never moves about even when it isn't tight.. Also it's great for sharing as it never gets sweaty and the rift doesn't steam up.

It doesn't need washing because it doesn't absorb anything.

Hi, just to confirm that's the one in the Amazon link?

Thanks,

Soldato
Hi, just to confirm that's the one in the Amazon link?

Thanks,

No, the one in the amazon link is the basic set this is £30, I think it is the same size as the one I use though, only in black instead of red.

The one I got is the standard set direct from vr covers, I think it works out £45, it includes 3 different pieces and a fabric cover so you can choose which one suits you best. I went for this one as I wanted the choice of sizes, plus I liked the red.

It's quite a lot of money for what you actually get but it does make your rift look and feel like a better product and much nicer to pass round for family/friends.

I really enjoy taking turns on rift when I have friend come over.

Soldato
OP
No, the one in the amazon link is the basic set this is £30, I think it is the same size as the one I use though, only in black instead of red.

The one I got is the standard set direct from vr covers, I think it works out £45, it includes 3 different pieces and a fabric cover so you can choose which one suits you best. I went for this one as I wanted the choice of sizes, plus I liked the red.

It's quite a lot of money for what you actually get but it does make your rift look and feel like a better product and much nicer to pass round for family/friends.

I really enjoy taking turns on rift when I have friend come over.

OK cheers, I'll probably go for that (didn't realise they supplied the UK) as like you it's great when friends come round, cheers

Soldato
OK cheers, I'll probably go for that (didn't realise they supplied the UK) as like you it's great when friends come round, cheers

Yeah I went with the cheapest delivery and it was 12 days to arrive. I got it 2 days before christmas. It was really nice having the new facial interface to play rift with my son at christmas, it's nice being able to pass the rift around without it being all wet.

I did post pick in main rift thread not sure if you see it,

Associate
sorry for the late reply kevman been away but css_jay99 is correct just made bandannas

i do the same when i have to wear a hardhat too

Soldato
When exercising in the Rift (Box VR, or Beat Saber on expert + no fail) I wear a Gore running headband. It's very thin so it easily fits under the headset, and super absorbent so it helps manage the sweat. The main sweat absorbing duty is handled by Widmo VR cotton faceplate covers. I wash the headband and Widmo covers after each exercise session using a bar of hand soap and hot water. I have a spare cotton cover which I swap over while the other is drying.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I went with the cheapest delivery and it was 12 days to arrive. I got it 2 days before christmas. It was really nice having the new facial interface to play rift with my son at christmas, it's nice being able to pass the rift around without it being all wet.

I did post pick in main rift thread not sure if you see it,

Eventually got round to ordering one of these, do you use the "VR Cover" gray protector cover, or do you use it as pictured?

Back
Top Bottom