Rift extension cables

Associate
I'm using a UGreen 3m usb 3.0 extension cable. It has a micro usb socket to provide a boost in power but I've never had to use it as I've not had any problems.
Am also using a UGreen 2m HDMI extension cable, to save some wear and tear on the graphics card hdmi socket but also extend the hdmi cable reach and make it more accessible (I usually have the rift headset unplugged).

Associate
Thanks will check those out.
Sorry another question, will the rift work using a DVI to HDMI adpater?

If you can, it's best to use a HDMI port. A DVI or DP to HDMI adapter *may* work (I had to use a DP to HDMI adapter with my 295X2) but it's not recommended in general. And as such you'd use a HDMI to HDMI extension cable (and again, no guarantees these will work either).

Associate
OP
If you can, it's best to use a HDMI port. A DVI or DP to HDMI adapter *may* work (I had to use a DP to HDMI adapter with my 295X2) but it's not recommended in general. And as such you'd use a HDMI to HDMI extension cable (and again, no guarantees these will work either).

I'm currently using HDMI, but I only have 1 HDMI port and was previously using the HDMI port to connect to a 4k tv which I use as my monitor. I've tried a DP to HDMI adapter but that didn't like connecting to either the rift or my TV. Currently I'm using the DVI to connect to monitor and the HDMI to connect the rift

Back
Top Bottom