Rift s whos getting one?

Soldato
OP
I'll pass. Total disappointment as far as I'm concerned. The big killer for me is the LCD panel. I can look past a lot of stuff when it comes to panels, but LCD black levels just don't cut it for me in a HMD.
This^ if its the same panel they use in the GO then the black levels will be awful, infact they should be renamed to 50 shades of grey levels.

Soldato
OP
Despite the specs for the S being no great shakes, just read a review that was very positive regarding perceived resolution and the legibility of say text in a cockpit.
As such, have pre-ordered for the 21st. If it’s not a genuine improvement on the current Rift, I’ll simply return it.
Same here if its not an upgrade then back it goes. Iam still keeping an eye on the reverb and index though as a back up plan.

Soldato
OP
First impressions
The good:
Easy to set up(no faffing with sensors).
Screen door is almost gone.
Fov slightly increased over cv1.
Clarity of the screen is very good especially if you use supersampling. Textures are much more defined and fine detail is easier to see.
Halo headstrap is quite comfy.
Godrays greatly reduced.
No external sensors.

The bad:
The built in speakers are rubbish. My over ear headphone fit just fine though.
The foam they use for the face cushion is quite rough will be getting a vr cover replacement.
Blacks are worse than the cv1 but not too far behind.
When asw kicks in fps goes down to 40 which is too low. (Maybe a bug?)

Should you buy one? If you want inside out tracking and the clarity/res/no sde then yes.

Soldato
OP
Tried a bit of elite dangerous ss set to 1.6 and wow it looks fantastic, everything is so sharp and txt is nice and clear. Assetto corsa and project cars 2 were just as impressive the detail in the cars and livery was just wow the textures just seem to pop compared to the cv1. If this is considered a small upgrade i cant imagine what the hp reverb looks like with its 2k panels.

Back
Top Bottom