Rift storage.....what do you use ?

Associate
I get my rift at Christmas and like all my other computer gear will look after it and keep it stored away when not in use.
What do you guys do with your VR gear when your not using it ? Maybe you've got purpose storage ,if so could you guys recommend something to put my gear in preferably something hard cased....Thanks guys.

Soldato
I use the Rift nearly every day, so I don't ever put it away. I leave the headset hanging on a hook and the touch controllers beside my computer.

Associate
Permantly out, if I’m not at work, with Mrs and kids, or at football, I have it on my face, jumping around the living room shooting people or moving around Zero G doing jobs for my human friend!

Soldato
I get my rift at Christmas and like all my other computer gear will look after it and keep it stored away when not in use.
What do you guys do with your VR gear when your not using it ? Maybe you've got purpose storage ,if so could you guys recommend something to put my gear in preferably something hard cased....Thanks guys.

The box it came in is fairly good.

Permabanned
I use a Half XB (cube) case lifted ~5" off the desk on 4 small glass jars. It's an easy job to clean the PSU filter, while also leaving space for the Rift, controllers and USB drives below.

Just make sure you keep it away from sunlight as the lenses, which are magnifying, will destroy the screens when exposed.

Associate
Mine sits on top my Thrustmaster TH8A shifter which is shaped conveniently so that the nosepiece sits nicely at the front and the strap sits on the top of the shifter #mustselectneutral

Associate
I’ve cut a small hole in the side of the box the headset came in. This allows me to use it to store the headset whilst still being attached to my pc.

Soldato
3D printed Rift+Touch+XB1 controller holder I bought from Etsy, Fits perfectly and also acts as dust protector as it completely blocks off access to the lenses when not in use.

cdJaAOk.jpg.png

Different view on my older 540 case -

9m4SBGe.png

Back
Top Bottom