Riing trio & nzxt rgb fans

Associate
Just got a set of riing trio fans today but im short on a usb 2.0 header on the mobo.
I noticed the riing trio kit comes with a usb 2.0 header plug that splits into two usb micro plugs , i have nzxt hue + which uses micro usb on the controller as does the riing trio controller.
Could i use this plug that splits into two micro usbs to connect up both my hue+ and riing trio? Or will it mess things up, i do have the nzxt internal hub at hand but if i can get away with using it i will as its less clutter in my case..

Soldato
I'm guessing that if a device has two USB connections, it uses them for separate purposes. Bear in mind that the USB header is actually two USB ports (4/5 pins each) so that cable is bringing out two separate ports to micro USB plugs.

Does the Riing controller have two micro USB plugs or is one left hanging? If the plug is left unconnected, it's perfectly safe to use it on the Hue+ :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply, as i have a spare 3.0 usb header on my mb i found a usb 3.0 female to usb 2.0 male header cable , should work right ? Only thing i noticed though is that these cables seem to missing the no 9 pin on the 2.0 end
ZQ9w8LW

Soldato
Thanks for your reply, as i have a spare 3.0 usb header on my mb i found a usb 3.0 female to usb 2.0 male header cable , should work right ? Only thing i noticed though is that these cables seem to missing the no 9 pin on the 2.0 end
ZQ9w8LW
A USB 2.0 header usually has 1 pin removed from the 10. USB itself is 4 pins and so the 9th pin isn't connected as such. It's for keying the plug the right way round, and possibly for shielding the cable I believe. If you still have the other 9 pins it should be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom