RIP Barry Cryer

Commissario
Yeah, this is a real shame. He's been on a few talking head shows recently and apart from looking old and frail, he seemed to have kept his marbles right up to the end. One of the best comedy writers that we've ever seen.

I'm sure Samantha will miss him showing her a good time backstage.
I heard that Samantha has just started keeping bees, and already has three dozen or so. She says she's got an expert handler coming round to give a demonstration. He'll carefully take out her 38 bees... and soon have them flying round his head.

Soldato
I only post in these threads if I love the person involved. RIP and a great loss to comedy.

Saw him a perform couple of times and can confirm Samantha is fit, Sven not so much.

Associate
there a story about him checking into the Europa Hotel in Belfast during the Troubles with Willie Rushton. They had to fill in a visitor’s form and one question was: ‘How did you hear about us?’. Willie Rushton wrote: ‘The News at Ten’.

Caporegime
I recognise his face but can't pin him in anything that I've watched. RIP.
You won’t necessarily know him from tv but I guarantee you’ll have laughed at his work, he was one of the most prolific writers for all the comedy greats.

He was superb on the radio too.

RIP to a fantastic talent. :/

Soldato
A joke about a man with an orange for a head, which I've reused a few times since hearing it about 20 years ago, apparently originated with Barry. I'd no idea until seeing the joke attributed to him today.

Soldato
Only just discovered these and listened to the first one. Lovely listening with a lovely bloke who's been supplying laughs, disguised as other performers usually, all my life.
https://shows.acast.com/now-where-were-we
His fingerprints are all over stuff like this too...

RIP Baz

I was feeling overly sentimental yesterday and scribbled this. It's not my finest work, but I am quite pleased at shoehorning the last line in somehow.

Dear old Barry Cryer
So sorry to be late
But I reckon that you're surely
Still beside the Pearly Gate

St Peter's bent in stitches
And the queue's not sad at all
Because they know they're lucky
To have passed just as you're called

Beyond the gate, less patiently
Brooke-Taylor, Humph & Willie
Are waiting at their desk
For the king of all that's silly