RIP Dave Mirra - Sad news

Caporegime
:(

was this a mental illness thing? depression, seems to happen so much to people who have such tallent. Seems like the obsession that drives them to greatness can also push you over the edge.

Could be an age thing? He was at the top of his field for many years and suddenly you get older and can't compete like that anymore. Must be hard.

But I guess it could be anything. He has a wife and two daughters so I feel bad for them.

Soldato
Maybe old adrenaline junkie who's no longer able to compete/ride the way he used to and has found life too boring to cope with?

A bit like i wonder how the astronauts who went to the moon could live with themselves afterwards knowing nothing they ever do for the rest of their life will ever be as good.

Soldato
RIP, he was up there with the best including Tony Hawk, Kelly Slater and Matt Hoffman. Such a legend, I wanted to be him when I was growing up riding my bike.
His games were epic too.

Soldato
RIP, this guy was one of my idols as a child.

I would be interested to know how they came to the suicide conclusion as he seemed (on the front of it) to have everything

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." - Oscar Wilde

Soldato
His family / doctor would have known if he was suffering from depression. If they came out and said they were none the wiser, it may have been a freak accident.

Could be that he was a boxer and suffered trauma too many time also.

Who knows. Sad news for the family.

Back
Top Bottom