RIP Lawnmower, Hello Artificial Grass

Permabanned
OP
:D

Could have had a new lawn laid but its just easier, they are a pain in the arse to care for and gardening is annoying so minimal is good, also dont have any pets.

Its so nice to walk on/lay on. :p Need a leaf blower/hoover thing though.

Permabanned
OP
Sheds not that old, just needs a paint and the fences are a bit random, half of the panels blew down so different colours. Other side is falling down but lady next door is ancient and dont want to hassle her too much.

Permabanned
OP
Looks very neat and tidy. My folks replaced their tiny lawn with astroturf and it’s 100% been the correct decision for them. Not sure it’s for me, but it looks very smart.

What’s the tree in the middle at the back - looks like a massive olive?

Yeah its an olive tree, planted it from a small pot when we moved here about 10 years ago, was about 1m high! Needs a trim. :)

Permabanned
OP
You are conflating good taste and respect for the environment with some other nonsense that you are against.

The latest trend of outdoors looking like indoors with its pristine lines and lawn that you can hoover is gross. Normally goes hand in hand with anthracite windows and leased Range Rovers.

Leased Astra :cry:

Low maintenance and tidy was our goal and we like it, kids love the "grass". To be honest we didn't give a thought to any environmental impact, which in this day and age may be irresponsible.

Though now I have read up on caring for the grass I find it might actually require a fair bit of maintenance keeping it clear and other bits and pieces. :)

Just need a pagoda thing and corner sofa ;) for the end bit.

Permabanned
OP
Some kind of plant life will be added to the raised beds once we decide what we would like. Plus probably a herb garden one side of the patio and some other furniture as well when funds allow. :)

Permabanned
OP
I like the patio and beds, but hate artificial grass sorry - it looks like a 1980s greengrocer. :D

But it's not something that will be too difficult to change in the future, and as someone said would be great with a robot lawnmower and turf. I'd maybe have got the fence on the right fully redone (assuming it's yours as a couple of panels were replaced) as it looks all over the place.

How long did the work take?

Just over a month, on and off, some materials were quite hard to source and there were some delays. Was hard to get the rear fence posts/kick board things, concrete, sand, a load of the tiles turned up smashed!

Will swap the older fence panels out next so they all match at least but not going to redo the whole lot. :)

Permabanned
OP
Will check next time its hot. :) Unsure on quality, it feels great to me, from a company called Quick Grass. Had a sample pack and just picked the one we liked, it was £29 m2. Did not look elsewhere to compare prices/quality.

Permabanned
OP
This is what I don't get. To keep it tidy you'll probably end up hoovering it more often as any leaves will be more visible and end up spending as much time looking after it Nice square lawn like that shouldn't really take much longer that 30min to mow every couple of weeks.

It does look neat though. :)

Yes. Didn't think about it that much. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom