• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rise adapter vertical

Caporegime
The only thing you'll need to change when using a Gen 3 riser is the PCI-E setting in the BIOS. This will likely need changed to 3.0 to get a display. Even on 'Auto' many motherboards won't display properly. This also means that should you ever reset the CMOS or update the BIOS it'll likely default to Auto or 4.0 necessitating the removal of the vertical mount and putting the card into the slot normally. I use a PCI-E Gen 3./0 Riser and amended the setting on my MSI X570 Tomahawk and have managed as I've never reset or updated the BIOS. Your experience may differ.

Oh the card will need to be in the slot directly at first to get a display to be able to change it.

Back
Top Bottom