RJ11 Cables

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 10m RJ11 broadband cable and looking for the best/cheapest place to pick one up.

Ideally that I can go and collect as I don't want to have to order online.

I thought here would be the best place to ask,

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Associate
Your looking at currys or maplin etc but they are going to be more expensive than online, unless you have any local electrical stores.....

You can check stock online for both of them before you go.

Associate
OP
Your looking at currys or maplin etc but they are going to be more expensive than online, unless you have any local electrical stores.....

You can check stock online for both of them before you go.

Thanks mate, I've looked at both but as you said they're like £12 as opposed to £3 when ordering online, just being impatient and don't want to wait for delivery!

Associate
Thanks mate, I've looked at both but as you said they're like £12 as opposed to £3 when ordering online, just being impatient and don't want to wait for delivery!

I know what you mean, I hate waiting for deliveries, I pay for amazon prime just to get everything next day :)

I see maplin a has rj11 to rj11 10m for £10 if they have local stock and if you have a maplin close.

Associate
OP
I know what you mean, I hate waiting for deliveries, I pay for amazon prime just to get everything next day :)

I see maplin a has rj11 to rj11 10m for £10 if they have local stock and if you have a maplin close.

I do have 2 3m cables at home, so wondering if this would just do the job? Sorry to ask, just a bit clueless when it comes to stuff like this.

Associate
OP
You mean 2 x 3m cables? You will need a RJ11 coupler to join them if you need both for the distance.

Yes that's what I meant sorry.

As the coupler is slightly cheaper than the cable, I was considering this as opposed to the 10m cable.

My assumption is that it would do the same job?

Associate
Yes that's what I meant sorry.

As the coupler is slightly cheaper than the cable, I was considering this as opposed to the 10m cable.

My assumption is that it would do the same job?

No reason why not, it's just joining the cables straight through so exactly the same as a single cable.

Soldato
Using a coupler is going to increase the chances of you reducing the broadband speed.

If you're going any distance at all you want a good quality twisted pair cable.

Soldato
Far better put your router as close as you can to the master socket from there run rj 45 cables under the carpet edge is the best option there as cheap as chips.

That's what I did from the router next to the master socket in the passage way for down and up stairs over 12 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom