RMA Experience

Associate
It is with great frustration that I am writing this post today. Apologies in advance for the wall of text, and I will endeavour to fill in any gaps of the story where needed.

Beginning

I have been the owner of a Toxicity Infin8 system for the best part of two and a half years now, with my original order being placed on the 16th August 2018. The system was delivered circa 04th August 2018, and I was the proud owner of a high end system for the first time in my life.

For the next couple of years everthing was well and good. The system performed great and I could really push it to its limits without it slacking. That was until around July 2020, where I began to experience issues with overheating and crashing. I initially put this down to there being an issue with the coolant needing servicing, therefore I ordered some new liquid and flushed the system, refilling it as required. I made sure that I used the 24 pin PSU trip trick to have the pump circulate the liquid for a good half a day before use and to make sure of no cavitation or bubbles in the pump.

1st RMA

However, after a month, the same issues returned with frequent crashing and overheating. This eventually culminated in me organising an RMA on the 01st September, which was picked up on the 7th September (due to address issues), with it being returned to OC on the 8th September.

I waited patiently, understanding that the increase in demand they are under right now has increased SLA, occasionally chasing for updates. Eventually it was determined that a portion of the sponge that OC previously built into their watercooling systems had degraded and contaminated the system, causing blockages and the pump to fail. The system was flushed and cleaned, with CPU block cleaned out and the pump replaced with an EK Quantum Inertia D5.

This was returned to myself on 24th September, and I got the system set back up and working. All was well, and I had been without the PC for 23 days at this point. I ran it through some testing myself and did some clean up. Everything seemed to be working fine and back to normal.

2nd RMA

Then, on the Sunday 22nd November whilst on a Discord call with my friends, the PC crashed again. Hard this time, without me even able to access BIOS without it overheating. So once again I organised an RMA which was picked up Thursday 26th November (initial pallet driver for the 25th didn't have a pallet to be able to pick up secure the PC), which was received Friday 27th November.

I was in communication with the customer service line every other day waiting on an update and even requested they fit a drain valve so that, when the warranty ran out, I could service the device easier myself. This was confirmed and passed to the engineer. On Thursday 10th December I contacted the line again and it was confirmed that all testing had been complete and was ready to be shipped. I queried if they had fitted the valve, and because of a clerical error this had been missed, which resulted in the system needing to be drained and delayed its return to me. Therefore, the system was returned on Monday 14th December, arriving to myself Tuesday 15th December. The RMA was resolved with the pump being replaced again, both radiators and a full system clean including resevoir and GPU blocks this time. This is another 23 days now without the system

3rd RMA

Now to today, whilst booting the PC and logging in to google chrome, I experienced another hard crash and severe overheating again, much like the 10th December. I tried the same tricks to have the pump spool up by tricking the PSU but to no avail. It wasn't working again.

The BIOS recognises that the pump is there and attached to the MOBO, but is not reading any speed or spooling at all, no matter what settings I change.

At this point, I have now set up a third RMA which will be picked upon Monday 21st December. With the holiday period I don't expect to receive this back until roughly the 2nd or 3rd week of the new year. I have been without a very expensive piece of hardware for a total of 46 days (estimated 70 days total after 3rd RMA) now and it is beginning to get tiresome. I understand that there is only one technician that is allowed to work on the Infin8 and 8Pack systems which causes a huge backlog like this.

When asked if this could be expedited or looked into in a more timely manner because of the repeated issues, I am told there is nothing that can be done. I hate to be that kind of guy, but when I have spent over £4000 on a custom system I expect better support. I spoke to the customer service rep today and he suggested posting on here to get some traction

Back
Top Bottom