• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RMA to powercolor??

Associate
So my hd3870x2 has died a miserable death, with me now getting a chequer board pattern. it is 14 months old and warranty is two years. I am trying to contact anyone from powercolor about info for rma/support?? to no avail?
Has anyone got any contact details?/experience with this company.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Associate
OP
Yeah I have tried the reseller but they are adamant that powercolor will honour the warranty. Its just getting to try and talk with someone at powercolor!! this is really doing my head in now!

Associate
OP
OK so today was doing some trawling and found a powercolor forum, looks like people do get a reply from posting in here , so have tried that!! will post here if anything happens so that anyone in the future might use this if they unfortunately have similar problems.

Associate
OP
Ok so update for today, posted on their forums and hugo a powercolor rep has asked me to e-mail him an rma form so he can pass it on to the relevant department. have e-mailed will see how that goes!

aslo got a reply from danny chang taiwan also asking me too install drivers again. replied with a three page e-mail telling him eveything i have done since this started!!!

Thanks JBuk, gives me hope if taiwan and US let me down!

Associate
OP
ahhh well its been a month and a half and although many people have promised to tell me how to get a refund or send my card in for RMA , i still have a 200quid paperweight!! really really disappointed in these guys, and i would seriously reconsider buying anything from powercolor as there support is just non existent. If you do buy summat just pray that nothing goes wrong with it!!!

ps non of powercolor's official distributor's own up to supplying the card to shop and shop refuse to reveal there supplier!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
yeah trading standards have said that i would have to get a technical report to say the card or memory chip used on the card was faulty at manufacture date? as previously said!

Associate
OP
yeah there products now come with 12 month warranty! but they have said that the product I have is under a two year warranty, that what it says on my receipt too! Awful company to deal with imo!!

Associate
OP
Thought i would update peeps on the powercolor issues!

If you have a 12 moth warranty back to supplier all is good , if you think you have a 24 month warranty like i thought . THINK AGAIN!!

Worst company in the world with no customer support!

And in the end what did they tell me!! hahaha to contact overclockers!! hahah what a joke! I know clockers are good but why should they sort out powercolor's mess!!

BE WARNED.

Hello there,

Can you at all help me with this issue, as you can see from the e-mails below I have a defective hd3870x2 and it needs to rma’d. It has taken me three months for me to get to this stage and really am not happy with tul/powercolor. I have been told that the part seems to have defective memory and is under warranty but they have said for me to contact you ? Can you help me at all please? Or can you give me any advice as to what to do next?

Thanks hopefully in advance

Chris Tickle

Sent: 27 October 2009 12:34
To: Chris Tickle
Cc: Willie Huang 黃建育
Subject: RE:

Hi Chris,

Sorry for late response. Our RMA center does not have HD3870X2 in stock for replacement.
Another solution is to replace a different model for you if you can accept, but the freight charge will be at your cost.

However, as we don’t have RMA center located in UK, the freight will be higher for you if you return to our RMA center in other countries and handling fees may apply.
We suggest you contact with our distributor/e-tailer in UK:

Web Site : http://www.kmscomponents.com/
Web Site : http://www.overclockers.co.uk

Please let us know if you need more help.
Any further question, please feel free to let us know.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Patty Hu
Web: www.powercolor.com

Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:58 AM
To: Patty Hu 胡芳蓉
Subject: FW:

Hi There,

Is there any news on this issue? I really need to get this sorted? Have not heard anything about RMA?

Chris

Sent: 02 October 2009 03:52
To: Chris Tickle

Hi Chris,

Sorry about your inconvenience.
I have forwarded your request to our RMA department and will let you know their response asap.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Patty Hu
Web: www.powercolor.com
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 4:07 AM
To: Patty Hu 胡芳蓉

Hi there,

I have been given your contact details by Hugo.

Can you please tell me what I am to do with my card. I have a HD3870x2 which is 15 months old. I have e-mailed everyone i can find and no one has replied? The card produces a chequer board pattern on my displays from cold in bios, post screen and only will let me boot into safe mode. All the time with this chequer pattern. Can someone please tell me what i can do as a UK customer, the vendor flatly says to contact powercolor, vendor was ******.com.

This is the post from the forum to which you replied for me to contact you directly. Please find attached all the s/n and part numbers i can find on the back of card.

S/N on packaging and on back of card is : S/N: QG0801002884
OTHER NUMBERS : AX3870X2 1GBD3-H 9 (BARCODE ON THAT STICKER = 4 712505 022314)
: GREEN STICKER : S/N 180752 001076 P/N 102B40001 10 000001

Can you please help me, customer support at TUL have told me that they suspect a memory problem on the card. They say it needs RMA but I have no way about going about this? Please can someone help me.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sent: 01 October 2009 18:11
To: 'Chris Tickle'

Chris,

The person who handles Euro RMA’s is: [email protected]

Sorry it took so long to get a contact for you, and thanks for your patience.

Thanks

Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:46 PM
To: 'Hugo'

Hi Hugo ,

Any news?

Chris

Sent: 25 September 2009 20:03

Hi Hugo,

No one has contacted me at all! Any chance of a European contact person who might be able to help me as well as your good self.

Cheers

Chris

Sent: 23 September 2009 20:24

Hi Hugo,

Can you give me the contact details of the people I need to speak too!

Cheers
Chris

Sent: 16 September 2009 19:01

Chris,

Yes I will make sure someone contacts you. The problem is that here we only deal with US/Canada RMAs so this needs to be forwarded somewhere else. Do you have a phone number? I’m going to make sure someone contacts you at least by e-mail, but ideally via phone if possible.

Thanks again for your patience.

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:56 AM

Hi Hugo,

Can you please tell me if I am going to get a response from anyone. I have had a 200pound paperweight for over a month. It is really getting me down. Please just tell me whether I should give up on this and save up for another card? Please please please, can you tell me anything?

Chris

Sent: 01 September 2009 18:14

Hi Hugo,

Is there any news on this issue as its really getting me down not having a good graphics system??

Chris

Sent: 19 August 2009 18:49

Chris,

I’ll be sure this gets taken care of. I see you’re from the UK so we wont be able to do an RMA directly through our site like we normally do, but I’ll still make sure this gets processed and taken care of in a timely manner.

Thank you,

Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:42 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject:

Hi Hugo ,

Can anyone please tell me what I am to do with my card. I have a HD3870x2 which is 15 months old. I have e-mailed everyone i can find and no one has replied? The card produces a chequer board pattern on my displays from cold in bios, post screen and only will let me boot into safe mode. All the time with this chequer pattern. Can someone please tell me what i can do as a UK customer, the vendor flatly says to contact powercolor, vendor was ******.com.

This is the post from the forum to which you replied for me to contact you directly. Please find attached all the s/n and part numbers i can find on the back of card.

S/N on packaging and on back of card is : S/N: QG0801002884
OTHER NUMBERS : AX3870X2 1GBD3-H 9 (BARCODE ON THAT STICKER = 4 712505 022314)
: GREEN STICKER : S/N 180752 001076 P/N 102B40001 10 000001

Can you please help me, customer support at TUL have told me that they suspect a memory problem on the card. They say it needs RMA but I have no way about going about this? Please can someone help me.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom