RMM Tools - AEM, Kaseya, N-able, GFI-Max, Level Paltforms, Continuum, Naverisk...

Associate
Anyone using one of these tools in work?

I've worked quite extensively with Kaseya, we were a part of the Global Partner Advisory Council (one of 10 worldwide advisers) and recently started using AEM (centrastage). I'm at the point of implementing remote monitoring and management for my current employer but still considering all options - It would be nice to hear some feedback from experience, opinions and knowledge share?

Associate
I used to use GFIMax, aka Hound dog aka MAXfocus, but decided to drop it recently due to them adding a monthly £50 service charge. Found it very useful, but had a glaring weakness where you had to use SNMP to monitor your hardware, e.g. RAID, chassis health. Also they seem to have more branding offers than they have sales at DFS.

Also, it was useful to get an email telling you of a missed backup rather than just having to notice that you hadn't had a "successful backup" email. Those types of daily emails are actually more of relief when you don't get them because you get tired of clicking through them.

Associate
Using MAXfocus here. Does what I need it to do, plus the managed antivirus is a bonus. They have offers all the time, so ask a rep what they can offer.

As Toughnoodle mentioned, they've recently added a £50 service charge, which I'm not happy about but they are a lot cheaper than everyone else.

Associate
Not found a problem as such with CentraStage, but we also use ConnectWise as our PSA - CentraStage is now part of AutoTask so more of the features will be aimed as AutoTask.
Labtech on the other hand connects very well with Connectwise

Labtech is a Very powerful RMM, but needs to have time spent on it in order to have it running right for your business - First time we ran Labtech we didnt have the time to devote to getting this setup right

Rob

Soldato
In the process of Ditching GFI-Max due to costs and have been busy implementing PRTG, for systems monitoring.

They do a free 100 sensor version of PRTG - once I had that going we made the decision to purchase and Ditch GFI.

Nate

Soldato
Labtech on the other hand connects very well with Connectwise

Labtech is a Very powerful RMM, but needs to have time spent on it in order to have it running right for your business - First time we ran Labtech we didnt have the time to devote to getting this setup right

We use these two, Rob is right. It requires a LOT of configuration and 18 months on we're still building it up but it's a fantastic product, espcially with the release of LabTech 10

Associate
OP
Our AEM subscription is up for renewal in the next few months, going to see what N-Able can offer us in terms of features and pricing. I might check out Kaseya again but their demo last year was terrible and the plugin their end kept failing :p

Anyone got feedback on any RRM Tools?

Back
Top Bottom