Road Tripping in the USA!

Man of Honour
Can't beat road tripping in the USA. My most recent road trip was a round trip from Memphis down to Orlando, about 2500 miles. The smokey mountains were great fun to drive through (just wish I had my own car there!) :)

Soldato
Great write up. I have never really been interested in going to the States but after my wife did the same trip as you (apart from a stop in San Fran to do the marathon!) and seeing her photos and her driving a gas guzzler I actually want to go now!

Soldato
Good write up and great pics from Fox and Nick. I was lucky enough to live in Phoenix AZ for 6 months whilst doing my pilot training and pretty much every weekend we would rent Mustangs and road-trip to San Diego, LA, Vegas, Grand Canyon etc.

Totally recommend the experience to anyone, some of my best memories :)

Soldato
Great write up Fox! :)

I can't remember where was hottest when we did CA, but I remember seeing over 100F on the cars thermometer.

I assume the mustang is ideal? Would be 4 of us so the choice is 2 mustangs or some big SUV
Stick all the luggage in an SUV and have everyone else in convertibles would be the ideal choice ;)!

We did it as a family so just hired one SUV and it was fine, but convertibles would have been nicer!

IMG_1627_disp512.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Which part of the canyon did you visit and what where you thoughts?

I have visited the west (fake rim) and the south rim, the difference is night and day.

I visited the South Rim and thought 'wow, this is like, totally awesome'.

10 minutes later I realised that once youve seen the Grand Canyon, you've kinda seen the Grand Canyon. I'm pleased I went and wouldnt have missed it but Death Valley was more enjoyable and contained more variety.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18180431 said:
You'll have paid a significant young drivers fee for that privilage :(

My employer at the time paid for it so I didn't care! :D

$800 or so including insurance and a sat nav for 21 days iirc, around that kind of time anyway.

Back
Top Bottom