Robo Recall lag problem laptop

Soldato
Hey guys.
Thought I'd give VR a go on new laptop. It's a dell g5 15 se with 4800h and 5600m running on the Oculus rift CV1.
The game starts perfectly fine iv got high settings and in the first few moments it's got 20/40% performance headroom then all of a sudden it drops to 1fps and - 1500% headroom. Temperature is OK iv got performance mode on and a cooler pad for extra cooling.
I'm not having any issues with other games. I tried lone echo 2 trailer which has more advanced graphics then this, Farlands, all the demos provided by Oculus and put on Crow the legend for the kids without a hitch.
Any ideas?

Soldato
Robo Recall is a lot harder on performance than people think. Try lowering the settings in the game especially pixel density.

Soldato
OP
Robo Recall is a lot harder on performance than people think. Try lowering the settings in the game especially pixel density.
Thing is it starts fine then goes to just 1fps. You'd think a navi gpu albeit a laptop one with 36cus would get more then 1fps. It has similar performance to a desktop rx590. Also I tried on lowest settings and it was the same.

Soldato
Thing is it starts fine then goes to just 1fps. You'd think a navi gpu albeit a laptop one with 36cus would get more then 1fps. It has similar performance to a desktop rx590. Also I tried on lowest settings and it was the same.

Are you running Oculus Tray Tool with any super sampling?

Soldato
No its all at default 1.0.

Did you try the obvious things like updating the chipset driver on the laptop to the latest and then updating the GPU driver to the latest?

A game starting off ok and then dropping massive framerates like that is sign of GPU throttling and is typical of a GPU struggling to run a game. If you return to base and restart a level does the performance return to normal, like when there is nothing happening on screen?

Back
Top Bottom