Roccat Valo - First impressions + Problems (yes, thats right)

Associate
Hi

Also got a problem.

My firmware actually updated, but now after doing what they told me, my drivers/config app doesn’t wanna work and neither does the keyboard.
Uninstalled all the drivers for my kone and valo, restarted, ran through the registery and deleted any traces of it as well.

Restarted again and plug the keyboard in....still no luck. Windows doesn’t even pick it up? And alas, ROCCAT support is no help as they have not replied yet.

Any ideas?

I am running windows 7 with a 3G hauwie modem and Kone Mouse.

Associate
I got a valo from overclockers as a xmas present from my girlfriend.It has been near useless from day 1. Even typing this is taking an age with missing keystrokes. sometimes the keyboard doesnt load up and just displays the roccat text instead of the time etc.Sometimes it just needs disconnecting and reconnecting,always missing keystrokes..key function lights above lcd stop working and so do those keys.. capacitor whine, then the contrast is at zero on load up but when you go to adjust it it says its at 500!! Its only supposed to have lighting levels of 1-5! I have stuck with this for so long hoping roccat would sort out new drivers/firmware to deal with these issues but it seems a lot cause :( Think id be entitled to my money back from overclockers?
*edit* I have allready uninstalled deleted registry entries reinstalled and tried firmware updates to no avail.
Dont buy this junk keyboard people! i know i know..i got suckered..only got it to go with the kone...

Last edited:
Associate
Well ive rung Overclockers about this and been told i can only have the same keyboard as replacement.. not gonna solve anything this keyboard doesnt work!!! Not just my item but all of them!!

Associate
That's usually what happens when you buy overpriced plastic crap.

Me? I've got an "armoured" mechanical keyboard, dozens of poundings (RAGE!!!) and it's still rocking. Worth every cent. No useless gimmicks for me, ah!

Soldato
I have a Sota and quite like it :)

However, I got burn with an original Kone, which put me off and ****ed me off.

They release beta-grade products, and then maybe fix them. They have a really poor history of product returns and sometimes not even fit for purpose.

Back
Top Bottom