Rock Creek Gold Rush bundle

Associate
Hi,

As I have no experience as such of overclocking just gone for one of the OCUK pre-overclocked bundles:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-166-OE&groupid=43&catid=2512&subcat=2513

Anyone have any experience of this bundle?

I will be pairing with an R9 290X mainly for games (BF4 and others).

Main question I have is around stability of the OC. Understand that these are Prime95 tested but hear that BF4 is causing issues with previously bench stable OC's.

A couple of years back bought a i2500k pre-overclocked bundle and that has been rock solid but groaning a bit now in BF4 so time to replace.

Any feedback or comments are welcome

Thanks

Soldato
These bundles will hold up fine in bf4. They are not over clocked to the absolute limit. So should be grand.

What im wandering is why your upgrading from a 2500k to it. Id just get a 3770k or over clock your 2500k if you haven't already.

Associate
OP
Thanks. The 2500k is already overclocked to 4.5ghz. It's going into a PC I'm putting together for my brother for Christmas which gave me the excuse to upgrade! I have read that CPUs such as the 4770k are beneficial for BF4 and future multi-threaded games. Gone for the bundle now but would there be much of a performance hit going with a 3770k?

Soldato
Thanks. The 2500k is already overclocked to 4.5ghz. It's going into a PC I'm putting together for my brother for Christmas which gave me the excuse to upgrade! I have read that CPUs such as the 4770k are beneficial for BF4 and future multi-threaded games. Gone for the bundle now but would there be much of a performance hit going with a 3770k?

The only reason i suggested a 3770k is so you could keep your motherboard, but if you're passing it on to your brother anyway, you may aswell go for the 4770k..

Yes Hyperthreading does help but not as much as you'd think, it'll only be a few frames here and there. Its not the difference between high and ultra in any respect.

Associate
OP
Just an update on this. Received this bundle in quick time, set it up and all good. I was getting random Red Screen crashes on BF4 but following the advice in the forums bumped the CPU Vcore up a couple of notches and crashes have gone :)

Back
Top Bottom