• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rocket lake on the way

Soldato
Good to hear. I had no intention of upgrading, however I accidentally fried my ASUS Z390 ITX motherboard, so bought what I thought was a Z390 Master from the members market to get me back up and running. However what arrived was a Z490 Master, so after talking to the seller I’ve decided to keep it and upgrade.

I’ll have 2x32GB 3600C18 so once it’s all bedded in and stable, I’ll overclock it.

Soldato
HI All
Z490 Aorus Master have uploaded a bios f20a with the description

1. BIOS update to be compatible with 11th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
  2. Enable Resizable Base-Address Register (Resizable-BAR) option to enhance GPU performance.
dont think it will be long before we are given a release date if the bios's have started to be updated ready

Z490 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.x) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.K.

Z590 boards and bioses will be out at CES later this month. Rocket lake CPUs launch at the end of March.

Can expect Z590 to be very expensive, all AIB are now raising prices due to global issues and Intel currently has a shortage of chipsets to place on boards

Permabanned
also rumoured that the z590 motherboards will also support PCIE4 without needing the 11th gen chips

I doubt it will work.
On the PCIe 4 compatible boards there are lanes coming from the CPU and from the chipset. If the CPU cannot address PCIe4 like the old 10th gen, then there will be no working PCIe 4 altogether, only from the chipset.

Associate
also heard that most GPU's and Motherboards are also going up due to tariffs imposed on china between 7.5 and 25% which started in the new year
Aren’t those American tariffs so won't impact the UK?
There are supposedly shortages of certain chipset and other components which might push up prices.
Plus there's the whole Brexit confusion.

Associate
OP
I can see most prices increasing this year and the companies blaming Brexit. I know that there isn't as many flight so they are shipping by boat which is considerably more expensive. Also a shortage of chips due to manufacturing issues. I think it is going to be a bit of a bad year to be honest for availability and pricing

Associate
OP
Due to the shortage of space because everything is coming by boat the prices have increased significantly, also when they are flying, again due to shortage due to limited flights the price of haulage via plane as also seen significant increases

Associate
Due to the shortage of space because everything is coming by boat the prices have increased significantly, also when they are flying, again due to shortage due to limited flights the price of haulage via plane as also seen significant increases
Most stuff comes by boat anyway due to it being cheaper and there is greater volume available.

Back
Top Bottom