Rockit cool - Worth it?

Soldato
They are better if you already plan on delidding the chip anyway due to direct contact and with liquid metal.

However if you have a poor chip anyway then delidding probably isn’t best advised as you will lose out on warranty for littler performance benefit.

You would probably be best asking in the cpu section on the 9900k thread where a few have them fitted.

They can have clearance issues though depending on the blocks and such as there’s is no longer an IHS.

Ocuk have the 9th gen derbauer ones which look to be of better construction and quality. I have one on the way for mine as I already have it delidded anyway and with custom loop so be interesting to see the differences.

Associate
OP
They are better if you already plan on delidding the chip anyway due to direct contact and with liquid metal.

However if you have a poor chip anyway then delidding probably isn’t best advised as you will lose out on warranty for littler performance benefit.

You would probably be best asking in the cpu section on the 9900k thread where a few have them fitted.

They can have clearance issues though depending on the blocks and such as there’s is no longer an IHS.

Ocuk have the 9th gen derbauer ones which look to be of better construction and quality. I have one on the way for mine as I already have it delidded anyway and with custom loop so be interesting to see the differences.

Have you a link for the derbauer one?
I have seen his delidding kit but not a plate to cover a delidded CPU like the rockit one.

Associate
OP
Just a heads up but some of us on here went direct die on Haswell and actually ended up with worse temps than with the IHS back on. This was probably down to block design and a smaller surface area to dissipate heat.

That's... weird...
You would expect it to lower temps regardless as the heat is being directly transferred to the heatsink on the air/water cooler rather than building up on the ihs first.

The alphacool block has a pure copper base and is SUPER polished. So I'd imagine I would get better temps.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Soldato
That's... weird...
You would expect it to lower temps regardless as the heat is being directly transferred to the heatsink on the air/water cooler rather than building up on the ihs first.

The alphacool block has a pure copper base and is SUPER polished. So I'd imagine I would get better temps.

Thanks for the heads up though.
I expect the IHS adds thermal mass to resist short term spikes in heat output.

I also have my suspicions that direct die mounting is less stable as the IHS spreads force out around the socket.

Back
Top Bottom