ROG Maximus XIII Hero Problems?

Associate
Having problems with this new MB. Device Manager shows 6 '!' problems. Listed under 'Other devices', 3- '!' PCI Device, 1- '!' SM Bus Controller, and 2- '!' Unknown device. If I right click on any of these and 'update driver' Win10 is unable to update? My previous Asus Maximus VIII Hero MB, I had no '!' problems listed. All MB drivers have been updated, including the Intel Z590 chipset and controller drivers. I connect the Oculus Quest 2 via the genuine Oculus link cable to either of the USB-C 'Thunderbolt' ports and the Quest 2 is 'not recognised', and the Oculus App says 'PC is disconnected'. These ports are enabled in the bios. Not sure if this is a Asus/Intel port problem or a problem with the Oculus software, as the Quest 2 is detected as a 'unknown device'? Unfortunately, I do not have another USB-C device to check if it works with that. Maybe get hold of a USB-C to USB (female) adaptor cable and plug in my portable HD. Oculus support have given suggestions to try, but none have worked? Any advice please.

Associate
OP
Another problem that regularly keeps happening. The PC shuts down for no expected reason, start the PC, have not started any apps, and suddenly shuts down with the blue screen of death. The 'Event Viewer' reports the shut-down as a 'Bug-Check'?

Back
Top Bottom