ROG Swift PG32UQX mini LED DisplayHDR™ 1400 4k

Man of Honour
Pretty horrible for having to pay most likely triple that of what LG's OLED TV costs:
https://youtu.be/Urrnorr-hl0?t=382

My bet is that "reviewers" won't be doing any side by side comparison to OLEDs...
i will. Currently testing the LG 32EP950 OLED monitor and should still have that with me when the Asus arrives for review :)

but I don’t think thin white lines on a black background are a particular useful or fair test of real life HDR experience and haloing tbh

Soldato
i will. Currently testing the LG 32EP950 OLED monitor and should still have that with me when the Asus arrives for review :)

but I don’t think thin white lines on a black background are a particular useful or fair test of real life HDR experience and haloing tbh
Asus won't be happy about that...:D
But they decided price being rape&robbery, so they better be ready for proper comparison to best image quality displays.
Though wouldn't wonder if main focus for review samples has moved to ads.... err reviews in Youtube.

While white lines certainly aren't common content in much anything, there are certainly small pretty near point, or otherwise sharp edged light sources in games and movies.

HDR is again double speak for "We haven't doen anything to advance tech, so we're trying to make your eyes smoke in their sockets with insane brightness".
Though excessive blooming was what HDR meant also during introduction of HDR rendering in games.

Permabanned

Ok it is a video so not seeing as it really is but its worse than any VA panel I have had and that is all bar one (the Odyssey G7) without Local Dimming esp. not 1000's of zones.

They should have made it a VA not IPS.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you see the Halo round the white square in the black screen test?
The camera was filming it from off dead centre which may of made a huge difference

There a big difference with my VA FALD monitor if you look at it from off centre

But mine is VA and that one IPS so i don't know if being off centre does make a difference to this IPS FALD

Permabanned
The reviewer stated it was not ideal as he pointed it out and he is looking it in the flesh, I was not impressed and IPS is not my cup of tea period as I always say growing up on CRT/Plasma i like my blacks to be black.

Permabanned
May be the case if you see Halo on OLED your also susceptible to the "Rainbow Effect" on DLP Projectors (fortunately I did not suffer from this), I have not looked into it as first I have heard of it.

Soldato
Can't say I've noticed the halo effort with my OLED, although if I have, I've likely just thought it was because of my glasses. I do notice the rainbow effect from projectors though..

It's a shame this panel is hamstrung by the rest of the monitor. Same goes for LG's 32" OLED coming out.

Back
Top Bottom