ROG Swift PG32UQX mini LED DisplayHDR™ 1400 4k

Associate
Why would you buy this monitor in the first place? It doesn't even have HDMI 2.1. LG C1 exists.

On another note, bought a PG32UQ and it has a stuck pixel in the middle, not sure if I should bother returning it as it's not very noticeable unless on a very dark background.

Associate
This monitor is for high end computer gaming, not console gaming. Hence no need for HDMI 2.1.
Oh nice, running with a limited bandwidth on DP...

This monitor is just a money grab for people willing to waste it on 'new' tech, makes zero sense, the 48CX is better...

Last edited:
Associate
With 4:4:4 or compression?

I would be very surprised if DP1.4 could do all that without major image compression

because what you have said would require 51gb/s of bandwidth https://k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp

And I very much doubt DP1.4 has 51gb/s bandwidth

This PG32UQX just seems to be a money dump for people, it makes no sense as a product... Just get OLED, seriously. Can't even take full advantage of the HDR features, the only thing this monitor makes sense for due to the DP/DSC nonsense.

I personally bought the PG32UQ, seems a much more realistic buy.

Well, it would have been a realistic buy if it wasn't for it coming with a stuck pixel and scratch on it...

Associate
With 4:4:4 or compression?

I would be very surprised if DP1.4 could do all that without major image compression

because what you have said would require 51gb/s of bandwidth https://k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp

And I very much doubt DP1.4 has 51gb/s bandwidth

Yes, Full RGB which is basically the same as 4:4:4. It uses visually lossless DSC, like most high refresh gaming displays these days.

Associate
I never said absolute lossless, I said visually lossless.

Not going to get into whether you can see the difference or not, tons of that crap on the internet already. Haven't seen any evidence that anyone can see a difference.
Well I'm not the one who wasted £3.3K on a monitor. :)

Back
Top Bottom