Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

Soldato
agw_01 said:
Is it?

If I get on the M62 to come to the services, I go towards Liverpool. I'm on the Eastbound carrigeway.

If I would be coming away from Liverpool towards Manchester I would be on the Westbound carrigeway :confused:

Dude, where do you think Liverpool is? :D

Soldato
OP
Ahh mate, nevermind. There'll be plenty of opportunities in the future.

Shame you can't hitch a lift with Worthy either.

Anyway bed time now, so see you all tomorrow.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
dunno wots happend to mike he hasnt replyed to my txt to tell me what time hes picking me up. Set the alarm to 6 so hopefully he wont be here before then ;)

Just got in as well :( oooo 4 hours of sleep ;)

Sam

Soldato
My brother has a killer hang over and wont be coming, dont want to come on my own - wife says im a wimp lol if im not there for 12:30 then i wont be coming folks - will ring a couple of mats now to see if i can get someone to come with me.

Man of Honour
lol, you big jessie!
agw_01 said:
benneh, coming from Liverpool, you'll have to get off at Junction 18 and get on the eastbound carrigeway to be on the right side. Otherwise, as you're pulling out from the service station on the westbound, you'll see us all shooting off up the other side of the motorway :D
:eek:

Soldato
OP
Looks like I'm first to post back :D

Will keep this quick as I've got a couple of other things to do (sorting pictures etc).

Was a brilliant day! Sorry to those who missed it. great advice, you big jessie :p

Another good turnout, and really good to see some new faces.

However, all meets have their downpoints... Gilly sadly had a bit of an accident which resulted in him having to be towed away. Nothing too major (we hope), but we think it was caused by the suspension ball-joint coming out of its socket and thus rendering him with no steering.

We're just thankful that it happened at a low speed through the town rather than doing crazy speeds along the top roads. Oh, speaking of the roads, they were actually very drivable.

Thanks to thebrasso, benneh, Gilly and L0rdMike for the passenger rides. It's going to take me a while to get this grin off my face :D

Anyway, pics to come very shortly.

P.S. I broke down again :D

Man of Honour
I'm unsure what to do next. I'm not really willing to go through the insurance - though they know about it - because I don't want to lose my no claims. I could speak to Renault and get them to look at it, but if I take it to them and they argue that the suspension didn't fail then I'm stuck there too.

I need to find out how much it is going to cost, but I don't want to end up paying for it to be towed from place to place to place.

I am assuming that the AA will pick it up in the morning and take it to a garage, but I'm on hold with them again.

Soldato
OP
Gilly, glad you made it home ok mate. Sorry if my constant picture taking was ******* you off. I know you had enough on your plate.

Did the guy drop it off at your house? Any chance you could get it jacked up, wheel off and then assess the damage further? Did the recovery guy give you any indication as to what was wrong?

Went to get back in my car shortly after todays' action, and the damn battery was flat :eek: There was enough power to turn the engine over once, but then the starter just clicked. Doh! Probably having my hazards on killed whatever charge it had in it :( Thank god Mike had a booster pack, otherwise we would have had to push it up the hill to turn it around.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
He says he couldn't see any other damage save the ball and socket joint, but that he couldn't be sure. The AA guy that happened past said much the same, so fingers crossed its not as bad as it could be.

Its outside the house now. Might have myself a look in the morning.

Soldato
Sorry to hear that Gilly, where do you live? i might be able to help out if you know what the problem is.

Sorry i didnt come guys, im really a wimp and shy when it comes to meeting new people so i didnt want to come on my own - safety in number and all that :)

You know i live in Ashton folks and if your ever passing you should drop by my brothers work shop - everyone always leaves with a free mod or two :D

Soldato
OP
Well, that's good news.

How hard did you hit the curb at? I've hit curbs before and it hasn't damaged my suspension, so I can't see yours being ruined. We were all a bit miffed at the guys methods of getting it onto the truck too. I've got some pics of the wheel arch when it was on the flatbed, and tbh, it's a mess!

If you want to use my evidence as proof that the recovery guy damaged your car, feel free. Might be able to get them to pay for the repairs ;)

great advice, pft, shy... I've got a stutter and this is the second meet I've been too :p You've got no excuse!

Man of Honour
I won't be able to get the recovery company to pay for the repairs. They needed to get it on the truck and thats the only way it was going on it. He was a decent guy, I was talking to him all the way home.

But I do expect Renault to pick up the charges if I can prove it was a suspension failure. Which might be difficult to do.

Man of Honour
I was coming up a hill with a blind left bend and I was just starting to turn left when I heard a bang that I thought came from the left front of the car. I tried steering right in case there was something I'd missed in the road, then tried steering left. I'd lost all steering though so carried on straight ahead.

Thanks to everyone for staying with me whilst I got it sorted. Sorry you had to stand about in the cold.

Back
Top Bottom