Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

Soldato
agw_01 said:
:eek: I won't have my new car by then n00b :(

Although, I do know some roads which will **** you all up :D

Si, we'll need to meet up sometime so that I can show you these roads. Very dodgy during the day, but loads of fun at night!

I have looked at the thread of ocuk events 2006, and March is the only Month were it wouldnt be clashing. :)

Man of Honour
oh bloody hell, made it all the way up and pretty much all the way back, something like 500miles, and countless more before that point without them, but i am now the prowd (soon to be) owner of 3 points, and some sort of fine, for cruising throught a m25 gantry at all of 85ish mph :( and it wasn't even lit up :( :(

all in all though it was a pretty damn good meet :) even if i was held up by silly british and french cars all day ;)

hope the cars not too bad gilly, some seriously bad luck there

Soldato
OP
Coco knows! He was buzzing off that car, just as much as I was buzzing off the 620Ti.

That Alfa did shoot off though! Looked and sounded very quick!

Siliconslave, what happend mate? :( Did you get pulled over or get flashed by a camera?

I'm hoping that the SPECS along the M62 didn't clock me :( If what paradigm says is right, I was doing 80 when I entered it... but I was doing about 45 throughout it, so I might be ok.

Thanks for coming along btw. Was good to meet you. Really nice car you've got there.

One last thing, I was loving the Rover comments at the table. I love laughing at my (and many others) misfortune :p :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
cymatty said:
Was it a 147 gta?

Unlucky, hopefully you wont have been caught. Cheers for coming along, and ps you could have overtaken at any time, unless you couldnt. :p ;)

arr, that might have been right actually....

and yer, i could have, but there was all this french rubish in the way past you, and didn't wanna show you up too badly ;) :p

Man of Honour
agw_01 said:
Siliconslave, what happend mate? :( Did you get pulled over or get flashed by a camera?

double flash, although i'm vaugly hopeing it might have been the person on my rear right hand side.... so the wait begins....

agw_01 said:
Thanks for coming along btw. Was good to meet you. Really nice car you've got there.

really dirty car don't you mean, its got more salt on it that the microwave meal aile at sainsburys! althought it is now sporting a rather amazing shopping list thanks to a fuel stop on the m40...

Sam

Sam

Soldato
agw_01 said:
One last thing, I was loving the Rover comments at the table. I love laughing at my (and many others) misfortune :p :D

Haha dont worry i got it too mainly from el the little bugger !

Puma a girls car ... Pfffft NEVER :confused: ;) :D

Soldato
Hi guys just got back now.

Was good to meet some new people and those that have had sadly met me before it was good to see you again.

Been awake for near 20 hours now. :eek:

Nasty sight to see Gillys car in that way. :( Hope everything turns out ok for ya.

Good job I keep that battery charger with me eh Andy. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I got back to Stoke by 6pm, sorry I had to shoot off but I'd promised I would take my nan and grandad out last night.

It was a good meet, just glad Gilly's car didn't hit anybody else and he was OK. People are always more important. Hope you get it all sorted.

I have to park in future so I don't always end up tail end charlie on any meets and get stuck behind somebody. When we left the second pub me and agw_01 got stuck behind a blue toyota corrola for a bit and never really caught up with people until the corner.

Like I said to you yesterday with my car Andy, not the fastest there but if I go for it and actually push hard it'll go some. I'm a bit too cautious though I think.

I didn't ask for a taxi ride off anybody because we were a bit pushed for time but the Focus RS looked awesome!

Was good to meet a few of you anyway :)

Associate
thebrasso said:
I didn't ask for a taxi ride off anybody because we were a bit pushed for time but the Focus RS looked awesome!

I thank you!

The Alfa was a 146GTA - have to admit it did look and sound the business. There was quite a bit of nice hardware going past 172 Corner (sorry Gilly ;)) - I remeber a couple of 911s and a couple of SLKs as well.

Soldato
OP
L0rdMike said:
Good job I keep that battery charger with me eh Andy. :p

You're a saviour mate! I can't thank you and Sam enough!

If I hadn't tried it that last time when Sam told me to, we would have all had to push the car to turn it around. Next time I'll know to park the other way ;)

thebrasso, I was very impressed with your car. Sounded sweet when VTEC kicked in yo! and seemed like much fun to drive! The handling on it was superb. When I got back in mine after having all the rides, I was shouting at it to go faster :(

Associate
So we depart out of the services past a wannabe hitch hiker, weaving in and out of traffic topping up ridiculous speeds, then we hit the road works with a 50 mph limit and a barrage of SPECS speed cameras oblivious to agw_01 who thinks 80 mph is the new 50 mph ;).

Past the road works woohooo a national speed limit sign greets us, so I drop it into 4th and plant my foot reaching a touch over a ton. Up comes the junction I back of we all know about the cattle grid that caught most of us out agw_01 on more than one occasion.

Snaking down the currently lane heading toward our destination cymatty has visions of a MX-5 imprint in his rear bumper and overtaking on blind bends curtsey of Coco and so we arrive at the restaurant the seemingly empty car park that fills up in a matter of seconds.

We leave and secure our vehicles and head for the restaurant entrance its mighty cold outside so we weren’t hangin around. Ordered drinks I reimbursed agw_01 with a coke, and we took our seats same as last time they must have predicted it would be us again.

Various discussions took place about the cattle grid of doom, the blind bend overtaking action and so forth, then Gilly graced us with his presence in his soon to be doomed Renault Clio 172 Cup :(. Then a formidable entrance made by thebrasso “hey I’m thebrasso” :D. So we ate various comments about the food and the poor at attempt at mixing music were made, we concluded it was DJing for dummies master class going on but it was just god awful. Various mockings of peoples eating habits ahem (agw_01) and the pitter that was his meal :D. after we all added a couple of kilo to the weight of our cars we paid our dues to the restaurant and departed once again.

Part 3 soon

thedazman

Man of Honour
Just got off the phone with Admiral. They've OK'd the car to be picked up and the other company (the garage) has been in touch.

I told the garage what happened and they went back to Admiral with it. Admiral called me again and said that because I couldn't be sure whether the suspension damage was the cause or the result of the accident that they weren't sure whether they'd pay out for it. If it was the cause of the accident then they're not liable!

I took this on the chin and just to confirm asked if they would then be chasing Renault.

She said no :/

I can see I'm going to have blazing rows with Admiral over this one.

Back
Top Bottom