Romantic day out?

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Hey all

Got a day off on Friday, gives me a chance to spend it with my wife to be :) Wondering if anyone has any ideas? If it's a nice day I was thinking one of those boat trips, but not sure which would be the best...

The Oxo tower is another idea, but that wouldn't take the whole day.

Any suggestions? Trips outside London?

Raz

Associate
Take her on a day trip (fly) to Glasgow or Edinburgh. Not sure how romantic waiting in the queue at the airport will be... but at least you get the whole day together. :)

EDIT: Not sure if Gatwick (near to you) flys to those destinations....

Raz

Raz

Soldato
OP
sachinbadiani said:
Take her on a day trip (fly) to Glasgow or Edinburgh. Not sure how romantic waiting in the queue at the airport will be... but at least you get the whole day together. :)

EDIT: Not sure if Gatwick (near to you) flys to those destinations....

Thanks, something to look into :)

Any other suggestions?

Man of Honour
find a nice lake, or other country side place. That wont be busy. Pack a picnic and enjoy a nice day with each other. Much better than just visiting somewhere.

Soldato
Fly from any london airport to either charles de gaule (sp i know) or schiphol, either day trip will be lovely, if you do go to amsterdam and you want a nice hotel and are not too bothered about staying outside the centre I can give a very nice one, otherwise Rotty named a few in another thread, but mine has jacuzzis and king size beds for 90 euro a night :D

KaHn

Raz

Raz

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the ideas, went on the London Eye on valentines, saw the sunset.... :cool:

hopefully it's going to be a nice day...in which case a park/picnic would be good...

Pez

Pez

Soldato
KaHn said:
Fly from any london airport to either charles de gaule (sp i know) or schiphol, either day trip will be lovely, if you do go to amsterdam and you want a nice hotel and are not too bothered about staying outside the centre I can give a very nice one, otherwise Rotty named a few in another thread, but mine has jacuzzis and king size beds for 90 euro a night :D

KaHn

Do tell? :)

Soldato
Pez said:

Van der Valk hotel in Lieden, its in a student town but dont let that put you off, its 10 mins away from amster dam and the same from "the hague", I would suggest staying there as it is very nice, otherwise the Marriott in Amsterdam is very nice aswell.

KaHn

Caporegime
Why do people always say go shopping in camden? It truley is the biggest poncey drug den in london sellign the shoddiest imported cliche fashion junk at idiotic prices ive ever had the joy of browsing.

Go to the globe thetre see if you can pick up a pair off last minute tickets, then dinner or a few drinks afterwards by the river.

If the weathers nice you could do a boat ride too always nice.

Suspended
Efour2 said:
Why do people always say go shopping in camden? It truley is the biggest poncey drug den in london sellign the shoddiest imported cliche fashion junk at idiotic prices ive ever had the joy of browsing.
It's mainly tourists who think it's nice. :confused:

Don
KaHn said:

KaHn

The ones I use are the Krasnapolsky ( Dam sq area ) and NH Amsterdam Centre ( Leidseplein area ) , there is also the Sofitel Grand but this is very expensive

Raz

Raz

Soldato
OP
er...yes.

Anyway, feel weird doing this, but going to take her to a park (if it's hot) and make her favourite food (spicey chicken tikka wraps, chocolate cake...)...strawberries and cream should be good too :p Going to buy 14 roses too (we've been together 14 months)...or just 1 if they too expensive lol.

Just have to choose a nice park...we've been to most of them. Holland park nice?

Soldato
Raz said:
er...yes.

Anyway, feel weird doing this, but going to take her to a park (if it's hot) and make her favourite food (spicey chicken tikka wraps, chocolate cake...)...strawberries and cream should be good too :p Going to buy 14 roses too (we've been together 14 months)...or just 1 if they too expensive lol.

Just have to choose a nice park...we've been to most of them. Holland park nice?
check forcasts before hand don't forget!
maybe having a backup plan would be pudent?

Back
Top Bottom