Rose Bikes

Associate
Hello, my son has his heart set on a ROSE PRO SL-3000 BIKE NOW!

He went for a bike fit to a store in Preston and was told to avoid Rose bikes because they are an Aldi-type German economy brand with cheap Chinese imports. I've heard nothing but good things about Rose and have been impressed with their bike-related stuff (and service) I've bought from them over the years. I have a feeling he was trying to sell him one of his own bikes. Should I ignore him?

Soldato
I've got a Rose Xeon CRS, can't complain about the bike or the service. At the time, I chose them over Canyon (another German brand but with more "prestige" than Rose due to sponsoring Pro Tour teams) because they actually had stock and allowed customisation of the spec. Both brands represented better value over other bikes due to the better spec you got for the money. This may have changed recently due to Brexit etc.

TgA4Pyul.jpg

TfrUgOOl.jpg

Soldato
Hello, my son has his heart set on a ROSE PRO SL-3000 BIKE NOW!

He went for a bike fit to a store in Preston and was told to avoid Rose bikes because they are an Aldi-type German economy brand with cheap Chinese imports. I've heard nothing but good things about Rose and have been impressed with their bike-related stuff (and service) I've bought from them over the years. I have a feeling he was trying to sell him one of his own bikes. Should I ignore him?

Let me guess he said the brands he sells are much higher quality. All brands he doesn't sell are crap.

So who is this joker shop? How is a £3500 bike a aldi like quality of bike?
https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-xeon-cdx-cross-3100-gravel/aid:887833

Associate
OP
Soldato
Let me guess he said the brands he sells are much higher quality. All brands he doesn't sell are crap.

Tbh, if you go into a bike shop to get sized up with the intention of buying online from Rose then you deserve to be treated like that.
Even if you do buy from one of the online bike shops (I did) it's still worth being nice to your local shop and buying the other kit from them.

Soldato
Tbh, if you go into a bike shop to get sized up with the intention of buying online from Rose then you deserve to be treated like that.
Even if you do buy from one of the online bike shops (I did) it's still worth being nice to your local shop and buying the other kit from them.

No, even I wouldn't be a idiot and say "£3000-£5000 bikes, that have dura-ace/superrecord, which we don't stock are crap" lol and shows just being a crap salesman and out and out liar. If they lie about that, they'll sure as hell lie to you to get a sale.

Soldato
yeah - my Rose is a total shocker of a bike..............

GCF-3100 Di2 - Nothing came close to bang for buck when I was buying - try finding carbon framed Ultergra Di2 bike for £1800 in your local bike shop!! Sounds like a total idiot.

3000 miles, no hassle, they even did a free wheel rebuild for me when I sent them an email after 15 months about spokes breaking - they paid return postage both ways and was done in 3 days. Wouldn't hesitate to recommended them.

Associate
Tour Magazine rates Rose bikes very highly. Seen numerous reviews of different bikes over the last couple of years and they always do well in tests, often in line with Canyon.

Soldato
As has been posted repeatedly when you claim that, they are not 'just as good' - at least in the experiences of several other people on here.
Can confirm. They are lesser than my Moon lights... and I don't have much confidence in those either after £45 Nebula failed a year after purchase.

Back
Top Bottom