Ross Brawn Sky Interview

Caporegime
It was quite good, but it's whether he can get the teams all moving in the same direction or not. History tells us that getting all the teams to agree on getting less money and moving towards a common goal is incredibly difficult and they'll only agree on something if they feel they benefit or can take advantage of the situation.

Man of Honour
Well, first thing they need to do is get rid of DRS and the reliance on an excess downforce. Hopefully that means this years cars are a one off and we're back to mechanical grip. Yes, it'll make the cars slower initially, but with the reintroduction of ground effect they can seriously simplify the front and rear wings and also remove all the god awful appendages that have sprung up all over the cars. T wings, bargeboards, D wings, monkey seats... This should also allow them to run closer as well.

I'd also consider cancelling Ferrari's $100'000'000 'historical' payout along with the any other payouts that aren't for merit each year and either distribute it among the teams that finish 4th or lower in the Constructors Championship.

A nice approach for the fans is not to DCMA the crap out of any clip of F1 taken from the stands. Something seems to be happening that way already. Teams being allowed to show video from the paddock, pits and pit lane now. Not the track, but it's a massive change already.

FOM also has a massive archive of footage from the years, how about open it up a little? We see the odd old race on Sky, but would be great to have access to entire seasons. Maybe a custom streaming service that who knows, could also one day cover the live F1 weekends too...

Man of Honour
yep drs needs to go, engines need to stay, aero needs to be designed in such a way to allow close following.
they also need to embrace the internet and allow far more and cheaper access to all parts, including filming testing, even if its just on youtube.

and yeah money needs to be sorted. no special payments and imo higher amount for participating in every race, and lower teh prize money to compensate.

but we will see what happens,

oh and can we have consistent punishments in racing and actually apply the rule to everyone.

Soldato
FOM also has a massive archive of footage from the years, how about open it up a little? We see the odd old race on Sky, but would be great to have access to entire seasons. Maybe a custom streaming service that who knows, could also one day cover the live F1 weekends too...
I'm looking forward to this. As you say, it seems to slowly be opening up. I'm hoping we soon get to the stage where Indycar is now with regard to media - they've started uploading 3 hour+ full race broadcasts to Youtube, of races from the last 20 years.

Man of Honour
trouble with the archive, it wouldn't have commentary.

i would absolutely love to watch some high quality streams remastered over the decades, but you need the bbc, itv etc commentators ontop.

Back
Top Bottom