Rotten Tomatoes: Best 200 Comedies of All Time

Soldato
The rankings are a bit of a joke. Simpsons number 3? Haha.

Green Wing and The Thick of It not even appearing in the top 50 is blasphemy. Curb and Always Sunny should also be ranked much higher. Opinions eh?

Soldato
Open All Hours should be on there. But if it's US-centric, not surprising it's missing.
And Father Ted should be significantly higher.
I was surprised and pleased to see Coupling - although it turned rubbish when Jeff was replaced.

Indeed, Seinfeld always wins in anything the US ever publish in list form.
Father Ted would likely be much higher in UK, and indeed vastly higher in Ireland, but I doubt many if any American's have ever watched it, or would remotely comprehend it.

Caporegime
The thing about Seinfeld is that for it's time it was fantastic with little to no competition.
The 80s/90s crossover generally only had Cheers, Roseanne, Murphy Brown and Seinfeld which were more adult-focused, as opposed to the syrupy family stuff like Full House, Blossom, and Step By Step.
93 onwards stuff like Frasier and Friends took off, and many other strong sitcoms hit their stride.

Obviously Americans, or those brought up on American TV (like us dirty South Africans) probably had Seinfeld resonate with us more than the Brits would.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I can't see I'm Alan Partridge, that should be top 20.
I’ve been rewatching them this week after a hiatus of about 7 years and I truly forgot some of the classic lines.

“Ahh Lynne! The fat envelope!..... not you Lynne”

Soldato
I’ve been rewatching them this week after a hiatus of about 7 years and I truly forgot some of the classic lines.

“Ahh Lynne! The fat envelope!..... not you Lynne”

It's such a quotable series. British farce at its best.

"Now, before we get up I’m just going to warn you, I have popped out again."

I'm currently watching Mid Morning Matters again. Some of the things people say on the phone ins. :D

Back
Top Bottom