Royal Mail to be floated on stock exchange

Associate
Anyone got the Google finance link to actually follow the action? I can't for t the life of me actually find a graph.

Royal Mail shares will not be listed on the Stock Exchange officially until next Tuesday.

But conditional trading - where City professionals can buy and sell shares between each other before official trading begins - starts on from Friday, giving an initial indication of the value of the shares.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24480450

Associate
Ahh right yes. The boys club gets first pickings.

My allocation for split between two investments it seems, so I'm going to have to pay the trading fee twice which is a bit of a pain. Still a healthy profit though so I can't be too irritated!

Associate
My £2k cheque has been cashed but apparently we will only be getting about 220 shares.

At least I didn't go for the full £10k or I'd be getting nothing! Except a cheque back for £10k.

Caporegime
Yep same for me. Shame city got so much

Tbh that amount of money is not really worth worrying about in stocks and shares I wouldn't usually invest less than 1000 pounds

Last edited:
Soldato
Its a bit of a slap in the face really. Hard working people that paid taxes and saved up more then 10k are shut out of this.

I think this is going to cost the conservatives quite a few votes. Its a very stupid move, they should have given this to the people and not the institutional investor

Soldato
At least I didn't go for the full £10k or I'd be getting nothing!
I liquidised all my cash assets and applied for, you guessed it, 10k's worth! It's the first time in my life as a rather frugal shelf filler in a supermarket that I've qualified as a fat cat. It took me 50 years but I finally hit the big time! :)

Oh well, back to the drawing board when it comes to finding a reliable core for a small personal pension. I was hoping the IPO bounce would provide a bit of a cushion while the share price settles down over the next couple of years.

Soldato
I'm not giving up on RM, my intention of investing in them was not just the IPO but long term.

I'm going to wait a few months for all the profit taking to take place and the price to stabilise. Then i'll dip my toe in for the long term (talking 10-20 years).

Caporegime
Anyone who applied for £750 up to £10k got £750 worth. Anything over £10k got nothing.

Fair enough I say as it gives the 'little people' chance.

I applied for £1k and so got 227 shares (£749 worth)

Caporegime
So I'm guessing by the time this goes to standard market the share pricewill have jumped. And there will be no point in buying this over something else
For 750 iI may just sell immediately Tbh. A 50% loss or gain isn'tthat exciting

Wow. Already at 440p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom