RSS users help

Associate
Hi, I am doing my dissertation on the use of RSS technologies and would appreciate it greatly if any of you users of RSS technologies would like to take the time to complete my questionairre.

There are 22 questions(mostly tick box questions) and it will only take 3-5 minutes of your time.

Questionairre link

Thank you for your time and all participants would be greatly helping me as my dissertation is due in next week.

edit: no personal information is collected.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you for your participation and help. Its very much appreciated. Maybe OCuk should have RSS feeds on their deals of the week :p

anymore people that would like to take part feel free. It does not matter if your expearience of RSS was good or bad, all opinions are welcome.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
lol 104 hits and only 5 people did it :(

Please take part in my study . The questions are straight forward and are multiple choice answers.

Associate
OP
kitten_caboodle said:
shall i do it again with different answers? :p

Is it ok if I send your link around a few other people that use RSS?

:)

That would be perfect thanks!!! Ive posted in other forums but this is the only one where people seem to have bothered doing anything!

Sorry you cant take part in the questionairre again :p for validities sake, plus i think the site i made my questionairre on gives you a nice cookie so that you can only take it once :D

Associate
dunno said:
lol 104 hits and only 5 people did it :(

Please take part in my study . The questions are straight forward and are multiple choice answers.
To be honest I clicked the link, saw "Proffesioanl", and didn't bother to fill it in.

Seriously, you're a fourth year student. If you want people to take time to complete your questionnaire you should proof-read it first.

Anyway, I'll give it a go and fill it in as best I can!

Associate
tenchi-fan said:
To be honest I clicked the link, saw "Proffesioanl", and didn't bother to fill it in.

Seriously, you're a fourth year student. If you want people to take time to complete your questionnaire you should proof-read it first.

Anyway, I'll give it a go and fill it in as best I can!

Indeed. I gave up at question 5 where there is no "I dont use RSS", which probably applies to 90% of the population?!

Associate
Lagz said:
Indeed. I gave up at question 5 where there is no "I dont use RSS", which probably applies to 90% of the population?!
Yea, the questionnaire was sloppy.

It kept asking about the RSS reader you use - I use the live bookmarks in firefox (as I'll bet a lot of other people do) but the questionnaire kept assuming people used a standalone reader or web-based reader.

And as for asking what you don't like about RSS readers and gave "bandwidth hog" as an option... it just didn't make sense.

Where do you find feeds to subscribe to? The questionnaire assumed you use a search engine. Most people probably get the feed URL from the website itself.

The questionnaire also used buzzwords. Seriously, "information overload"?

And it was a bit too long.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
dunno said:
Hi, I am doing my dissertation on the use of RSS technologies and would appreciate it greatly if any of you users of RSS technologies would like to take the time to complete my questionairre.

There are 22 questions(mostly tick box questions) and it will only take 3-5 minutes of your time.

Questionairre link

Thank you for your time and all participants would be greatly helping me as my dissertation is due in next week.

edit: no personal information is collected.
So it's due in next week and you're doing a questionnaire now?! Shouldn't you have done this about 8 months ago?!

PS There should be an "I don't use RSS Feeds" option- as I don't.

Soldato
Lagz said:
dunno said:

Back
Top Bottom