RSVR Nearly ready

Associate
Bought this just before xmas while still recovering from my accident which wrote my duke off 12 months ago and nearly me.

Serviced it over the winter and replaced the chain with a DID one and a new renthal back sprocket. Discovered it had a load of electrical gremlins like no tail light and not charging. Found the regulator was toast so installed a MOSFET regulator from an R1. Cleaned up all the electrical connectors and filled them with dielectric grease.
The fuel tank being plastic was starting to expand so emptied and dried out the fuel tank for 2 months using a spare CPU fan attached to the filler blowing through the tank and out the fuel pump mounting hole. Then used two coats of caswell sealant so hopefully will stop the modern fuel knackering the plastic tank.

Only thing left is to wait for some sun to test it out

IMG_20180407_191045-EFFECTS.jpg

IMG_20180407_191045-_EFFECTS.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Went for a test this week and it was awesome ! Bike rode brilliantly box was smooth front brake awesome, rear brake not so much ( seems to be a common theme on these ) Went for a 40 mile ride including the road I was knocked off on. Was all good.

Going to take it to Poole bike night next Tuesday :D

Back
Top Bottom