RSVR Nearly ready

Associate
Bought this just before xmas while still recovering from my accident which wrote my duke off 12 months ago and nearly me.

Serviced it over the winter and replaced the chain with a DID one and a new renthal back sprocket. Discovered it had a load of electrical gremlins like no tail light and not charging. Found the regulator was toast so installed a MOSFET regulator from an R1. Cleaned up all the electrical connectors and filled them with dielectric grease.
The fuel tank being plastic was starting to expand so emptied and dried out the fuel tank for 2 months using a spare CPU fan attached to the filler blowing through the tank and out the fuel pump mounting hole. Then used two coats of caswell sealant so hopefully will stop the modern fuel knackering the plastic tank.

Only thing left is to wait for some sun to test it out

IMG_20180407_191045-EFFECTS.jpg

IMG_20180407_191045-_EFFECTS.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice, welcome to the Aprilia family :D

I hope you went 15/42 on the sprockets, as standard they're a bit tall geared with 16/40 sprockets as standard.

And yeah long cans get them running the best, short cans sound good but make them run rough.

Last edited:
Associate
I love mine, nothing better than a grunty V Twin

Just be careful you don't go over the top with mods like I have :D

- Akrapovic EVO 6 Exhaust System (Headers Ceramic Coated by Camcoat)
- BST Carbon Wheels
- Brembo M4 Calipers
- Brembo ORO Front & Rear Disc's
- Brembo RCS 16/18 Clutch MC
- Brembo RCS 18/20 Brake MC
- Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder
- Rear Brembo RSV4 MC
- Power Comander 5
- Dynojet Quickshifter
- Carbon Renegade Style Air Tray & ITG Filter
- Dual 57 Carbon Velocity Stacks
- Black Samco Hoses & Clamps
- Sigma Slipper Clutch with Surflex Plates
- Domino Quick Action Throttle
- John Walker Uprated Battery Cables
- Magnecor HT Leads
- Aprilia Performance Rearsets
- Ohlins Steering Damper
- Ohlins Rear Shock
- Lots of Carbon
- Cree LED Low Bulbs

iGJgRNK.jpg

v3Jnbxe.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Soldato
It's an early gen2 RSVR - with the axial front brakes and curvy under seat panels. Looks like his pics have stopped working.

As we're posting pics...

I have a few mods on mine but nothing compared to Chris':

Aprilia Performance rearsets
R&G rear crash bungs
Woodcraft front crash bungs
15/42 gearing

And the Ohlins, carbon and forged wheels came as standard :D

Associate
Soldato
That jollys carbon airbox is in my list of ''to do' mods, he makes some sexy carbon parts :cool:

I need to find an rsv4/KTM master cylinder at some point this year as my HRC tube res had gone cloudy.

First priority is to get the ohlins fork bottom replaced, then service, mot etc.

Associate
That jollys carbon airbox is in my list of ''to do' mods, he makes some sexy carbon parts :cool:

I need to find an rsv4/KTM master cylinder at some point this year as my HRC tube res had gone cloudy.

First priority is to get the ohlins fork bottom replaced, then service, mot etc.

Mines currently in for a lower leg replacement and service. Bloody Italians take ages to ship them though :rolleyes:

Chris

Man of Honour

Buy some Tygon 2375 tube to replace the HRC crap. Mine is still clear and non sweaty after 18 months.

Soldato
Buy some Tygon 2375 tube to replace the HRC crap. Mine is still clear and non sweaty after 18 months.
Yeah that's an option but the rsv4 master cylinder has an integrated reservoir, they're not very much either.

Mines currently in for a lower leg replacement and service. Bloody Italians take ages to ship them though :rolleyes:

Chris

Has yours had the cracking fork bottom issue too? I had quotes to replace it last year, £270 was the cheapest with the fork leg off the bike, I've emailed Aprilia Performance as I may just take it in there for the day and get the fork bottom done, serviced and dog bone checked and greased all at the same time.

Last edited:
Associate
Has yours had the cracking fork bottom issue too? I had quotes to replace it last year, £270 was the cheapest with the fork leg off the bike, I've emailed Aprilia Performance as I may just take it in there for the day and get the fork bottom done, serviced and dog bone checked and greased all at the same time.

Yes the left developed a hairline crack, decided to replace both just incase but now waiting for them to arrive from Italy. Will get the forks serviced as well while there out and getting the rear shock done to have a good base line.

The guy who's doing mine was quoting £200 - £220 + vat each.

Chris

Soldato
Yes the left developed a hairline crack, decided to replace both just incase but now waiting for them to arrive from Italy. Will get the forks serviced as well while there out and getting the rear shock done to have a good base line.

The guy who's doing mine was quoting £200 - £220 + vat each.

Chris
Yeah that's about right then, £270 inc VAT was the price I got. It's normally just the left side one that goes due to the thinner material around the axle.

Back
Top Bottom