• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2060 which?

Associate
Hey all, about to pull the trigger on upgrading my trusty gtx 1060 card for a 2060, any recommendations on brand/card to go for? Totally not sure as there's a few to choose from and bar a few mhz I'm not sure as I would notice any difference?

Cheers :)

Soldato
What resolution you play at?

Vega 56 is a much better buy, for similar performance and comes with 3 games.

Last edited:
Soldato
1440p I have a 9600k cpu

1440p I have a 9600k cpu

Vega54 is ok for that resolution and if overclocked its ideal, unless you are one of those 144mhz gaming guys.

I would buy the VEGA 56 personally, its similar performance, cheaper and you get 3 games you can sell. Just that VEGA 56 are more power hungry so you need to have good psu and also the cheapest vega56 that comes blower cooler can be loud. BUT having said that If you undervolt(lower volts) vega56 and overclock it you can vega64 or gtx 1080 performance and runs cooler and less heat and power. Look in vega56 thread for more info.

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
Would you consider the new 1660ti, a little cheaper than the 2060 and still a good step up from a 1060.

Only thing is if your going for the cheapest 2060 it is hard to beat at that price.

bru

bru

Soldato
Yeah, I don't get it, these new Nvidia cards are overpriced for what they are, and it's not as if ray tracing is commonplace yet. I don't know why someone would buy one of these over a Vega 56, or - if you have to buy Nvidia - a 1070 or 1080. :confused:

Well for that extra £10 over the cheapest 1070 the 2060 is a lot faster and the 1080 is
No longer available here. But if you can find one it is a lot more expensive
Vega 56 is around 10% slower and a lot more power and heat for your trouble. If you don't want a blower version you don't even save much (£10) over the cheapest 2060 either.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that the 2060 prices are good, no not at all, but for the performance you get they are pretty much in line with everything else availible.

Associate
Well for that extra £10 over the cheapest 1070 the 2060 is a lot faster and the 1080 is
No longer available here. But if you can find one it is a lot more expensive
Vega 56 is around 10% slower and a lot more power and heat for your trouble. If you don't want a blower version you don't even save much (£10) over the cheapest 2060 either.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that the 2060 prices are good, no not at all, but for the performance you get they are pretty much in line with everything else availible.

Fair enough, but there's something off about paying 8GB prices for a 6GB card. Just my opinion.

bru

bru

Soldato
Fair enough, but there's something off about paying 8GB prices for a 6GB card. Just my opinion.

Maybe your right 6GB does seem a bit 2016.;)

In a similar vein the Vega 56's 210W TDP is old in the grand scheme of GPU efficiency, along with its performance for the price, until this last few weeks with AMD's discounts they allowed Gibbo to bring us. at least at under the £300 mark it is actually a good buy.

Associate
Maybe your right 6GB does seem a bit 2016.;)

In a similar vein the Vega 56's 210W TDP is old in the grand scheme of GPU efficiency, along with its performance for the price, until this last few weeks with AMD's discounts they allowed Gibbo to bring us. at least at under the £300 mark it is actually a good buy.

I'd go so far as to say a lot of cards are overpriced, and have been for some time. If their manufacturing costs are rising, then maybe they need to look at that, before creating more and more cards at increasingly higher prices.

The AMD discount was nice though, I've had my eye on a Vega for some time, and at that sort of pricing it's an instant buy. Now, if only we could get cards back down to those sort of prices! Mining's over folks, supply shouldn't be an issue any more!

Back
Top Bottom